New Build in Middle of Nowhere Texas

I see your inspector is on the job! Does she approve of the work done?

What will you done with the slope on that one side?

Kim:kim:
My two cats are driving the crews crazy 😂 so nosey! We’re really high up on a hill so the slope has pretty much always been there they will move more dirt to kind of even it out a little bit but it’s still going to be a pretty significant slope.

Things are hectic here in Centerville. We have an escaped death row inmate a mile and a half from my house. He killed his last victim with a pickax y’all and yesterday was Friday the 13th I can’t make this stuff up. This morning begins day three of sheltering in place. Roads are shut down, checkpoints in town, school in lockdown, helicopters overhead, drones, dogs, 100s of mounted officers, marshals, FBI. It’s like a bad movie I want to turn off. Everyone is exhausted and THEY THINK HES STILL HERE. We are all well armed of course I mean it’s Texas. We are rural so we all have scanners and can listen to what’s going on, but it’s crazy.

So anyway during this madness I’ve decided it’s a good time to plan my outdoor kitchen 😂

Our concrete pad is 14 x 15. I want it open on all sides like this picture. A counter along the far side and the middle open for a sitting area. I have a Kamado Joe grill that I am going to keep on its stand and just keep to the side instead of building it in. I am thinking a built-in propane grill, sink, with cup washer, built-in mini fridge, plenty of counter space for blenders and stuff like that. A ceiling fan and TV. Am I forgetting anything important? I decided instead of a flat top griddle built in to save on cost I’m just going to get a countertop griddle.

Attachments

• 384767A5-FAA4-40C1-B707-F36E4DCDA808.jpeg
    384767A5-FAA4-40C1-B707-F36E4DCDA808.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 7E1CF9B5-5335-4C26-8E8C-7715749BE907.jpeg
    7E1CF9B5-5335-4C26-8E8C-7715749BE907.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 82
  • 0D285B77-F0B9-40A6-A780-D515E8703610.jpeg
    0D285B77-F0B9-40A6-A780-D515E8703610.jpeg
    679.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 558560EE-B8E2-40EE-B791-D67B0A87A752.jpeg
    558560EE-B8E2-40EE-B791-D67B0A87A752.jpeg
    498.8 KB · Views: 84
an escaped death row inmate a mile and a half from m

:shock: no fun I am sure!!! :shock:
So anyway during this madness I’ve decided it’s a good time to plan my outdoor kitchen 😂
Can't think of better time :roll: got to have something to keep your brain occupied!

I like your plan of keeping it open! That will help with air flow and letting you enjoy your property from everywhere.

A couple of things to dial in:
-cup washer-what do you mean? Where will you drain the water to?
-Make sure there are some usb ports for charging and using equipment like video players and such.

I love the idea of everything being free standing. It always worries me when something is built it. The space is made for THAT piece of equipment so when it comes time to replace it the new one might not be same size.

• Love
Reactions: Sunbaby
:shock: no fun I am sure!!! :shock:

Can't think of better time :roll: got to have something to keep your brain occupied!

I like your plan of keeping it open! That will help with air flow and letting you enjoy your property from everywhere.

A couple of things to dial in:
-cup washer-what do you mean? Where will you drain the water to?
-Make sure there are some usb ports for charging and using equipment like video players and such.

I love the idea of everything being free standing. It always worries me when something is built it. The space is made for THAT piece of equipment so when it comes time to replace it the new one might not be same size.
Ohhh a cup washer is the coolest thing ever. Here’s a picture. Mounts on the back of your sink you press down and it shoots water up into the cup and drains down into your sink it’s super Duper cool.

The gray water will drain into our pond.

Attachments

• 21A9169A-5A6B-46FC-A660-81A253B096C5.jpeg
    21A9169A-5A6B-46FC-A660-81A253B096C5.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
2nd the USB charge ports—definitely have some USB-C, that’s the direction things are going. WiFi. If you don’t have an outdoor rated WiFi access point, that would be good (assuming you have a decent broadband hookup). Party lights, disco ball, lasers, fog machine…where is the DJ station going?

Def need to think of the music situation: speakers, amp, airplay/Sonos/chrome cast/HEOS —whatever universe you play in.

Beer / wine fridge?

Spit or pit for whole pig?

Sounds like a great party pad.

“I can imagine quite a bit.”
—Han Solo

Y’all. I woke up this morning and realized that the Pentair heater that was still in a box on the equipment pad was missing 😳 I spent a good 2 hours planning on going all “Taken” on some poor people 😂 Texted my builder at 8AM and now I need a drink.

Attachments

• 57E46557-CB3A-413C-9299-2595F3E3BCC9.png
    57E46557-CB3A-413C-9299-2595F3E3BCC9.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 59
Don't let them acid wash it today if at all possible. That will "protect" the new plaster until they can hook up the equipment while they acid wash and start filling with water. Now if they do want to acid wash it will be okay IF they can/will hook up the equipment asap!

Reactions: Sunbaby
Don't let them acid wash it today if at all possible. That will "protect" the new plaster until they can hook up the equipment while they acid wash and start filling with water. Now if they do want to acid wash it will be okay IF they can/will hook up the equipment asap!
We are going to hope for equipment asap. They have already acid washed!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.