New Build in Middle of Nowhere Texas

We were thinking along the same line!! LOVE it!!

Now you know what is coming next..............make sure to dig through the boxes to take out extra pretty ones and hide ugly ones.

What color grout are you thinking?? I am thinking a light gray.

Kim :kim:
It’s gorgeous in person!!!!! I haven’t even thought about grout. What color coping are you doing???

Congratulations. We are in rural Texas too but close to Denton Texas. We are moving fast, oddly making me nervous. Maybe I’m a control freak. But we got dig. Day 3 rebar. All equipment.

Love your build. We are doing rectangular but no spa.
It kinda scares me too!!! I am a total control freak and this happened so fast me and my anxiety took a backseat 😂

Weirdly, the tiles look totally different inside. The original photo is one of these!
Not at all. The pool and all it's parts will have a very large range of colors throughout the day based not only on sun angle, but weather and season. Any tile or Pic of a pool that you see is a momentary snap shot of that moment. An hour later in the same spot outdoors it will be slightly different.

All you have to do is be even remotely close to something you love and you'll see that shade along with 100 other variations that you didn't even know you'd love.

Last edited:
We have light walnut coping as well and love it. Hopefully, you will be enjoying some Woodys next to the pool soon (sorry, that is all I know about Centerville, but it is at least a good pit stop between Houston and Dallas).

• Haha
Reactions: Sunbaby
We have light walnut coping as well and love it. Hopefully, you will be enjoying some Woodys next to the pool soon (sorry, that is all I know about Centerville, but it is at least a good pit stop between Houston and Dallas).
I live less than a mile from Woodys 😂 I can smell the jerky occasionally

• Haha
Reactions: DUCK01 and JJ_Tex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
3 days of tile and coping. They are close to being done. Still have to do the outer shell of the pool (bar area) but it’s looking good!!

Attachments

• A69C60F4-EE10-4888-B856-9A18C8280B0A.jpeg
    A69C60F4-EE10-4888-B856-9A18C8280B0A.jpeg
    570.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 99636C94-C19C-4C56-907C-5309B946E4AC.jpeg
    99636C94-C19C-4C56-907C-5309B946E4AC.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 116
3 days of tile and coping. They are close to being done. Still have to do the outer shell of the pool (bar area) but it’s looking good!!
You will be ready for Spring and swimming. Did they set a date for plaster? Is your equipment installed?

Did you dig through the waterline tile boxes to find the "ugly" ones? I have often wondered if anyone does and what they find.

Kim:kim:
I thought about it! But my poor tile guys have a 4 hour round trip each day - I would feel awful if they ran out and had to make another trip - so I was a good girl :)

You will be ready for Spring and swimming. Did they set a date for plaster? Is your equipment installed?
I am HOPING we have water for summer! No date yet - and no equipment. They told me it would slow down once we got gunite - I am trying to be easy going and patient . . . they want to be finished with my pool by end of April (when they get busy) - so fingers crossed!

I would walk around the pool and look for tiles with chipped edges. I must've found 15 or so. And every time they would come replace them, I would look again and find another one. I felt a little bad because I think it was like 4 or 5 times I sent the PB a text saying I found a couple more. They were good about it and just came and replaced them each time. No hassle.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.