New Build in Middle of Nowhere Texas

Talk to your builder about what is actually available and make your choice(s) from that. We actually didn’t get our first choice but we love our second choice even more, now that it is done. Whatever you pick will be great, don’t sweat this decision too much. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Sunbaby
+1. There are literally no wrong choices here. It's like waiting for a Ferrari and they deliver you a Lamborghini. Boohoo. 😭🤣

It's a work of art either way.

• Haha
I personally think people overthink this too much. Whatever you pick will be wonderful. Your guests will think the overall pool is fabulous. I have ocean blue plaster with brown flagstone waterline tiles and coping. I like it and no one has ever told me it doesn't look good.
I second this! We spent hours one night looking at samples and stressing over the perfect option. 2 bottles of wine later I finally said...... of all our friends pools, can you even remember what they have for tile? and the answer was no. I think coping and plaster are what your eye sees and the waterline tile can be neutral.

Gunite is complete! 7-10 days of nothing before next stage. BUT I have to pick out a waterline tile ASAP. I can’t decide.
We’re going with aqua blue interior, light walnut travertine coping and a coordinating spray deck but I just can’t decide
Wow that's such a clean build site. My builder left stuff everywhere, my yard was a nightmare until final grading was done.

• Love
Wow that's such a clean build site. My builder left stuff everywhere, my yard was a nightmare until final grading was done.
I agree and same here with debris. I pick up nails, screws, bottle caps, candy wrappers, orange peels, tea bags (or something like it), bags, trash, and even some beer cans stashed in the sand bags. I often wonder if they do the same at other places.

• Wow
Hi Wendy! Welcome back for round 2. That's a great pool design for your gently sloped yard. Agree also on the tile color. Worry less about about how the tile looks with everything together and more about how you like the tile itself. So many things will look nice together, while individually, there are lots of things you don't prefer. Or you can just have @kimkats make the tile choice for you.

• Love

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kim and I go WAY back! She helped me so much with my first build years ago! I love the bling but I am trying really freaking hard to choose items that will be easy to clean. My heart wants ALL the glass but I know me and I would rather have a fruity drink in my hand than a brush. lol

Yeah, I brush infrequently and my ceramic tile stays clean with proper CSI. My robot theoretically hits it some. Glass installation can get you to if not done right. Awesome look with more to worry about.

• Love
You rang???? Sorry for the late answer. I am still elbow deep in taking over my classroom as far as stuff and learning their way to doing things. Thankfully the kids have been great!

I found some really pretty 6x6 blue tiles:

I was thinking along with easy to clean and pretty. I would want to see and feel the bottom one to make sure it was NOT textured like it looks like it is as that would make it harder to clean.

Now run down to their office and see what they have in stock and share that info here.

I am SO excited for you and can't wait to hear the back story on how this all happened!!!:hug:

Kim :kim:

• Love
Here’s what I picked!! I drove almost 2 hours each way to see them in person. Living in the sticks stinks.
Weirdly, the tiles look totally different inside. The original photo is one of these!

Attachments

• 005DEBD8-7642-480E-A9D4-0D60D24013EF.jpeg
    005DEBD8-7642-480E-A9D4-0D60D24013EF.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 72
We were thinking along the same line!! LOVE it!!

Now you know what is coming next..............make sure to dig through the boxes to take out extra pretty ones and hide ugly ones.

What color grout are you thinking?? I am thinking a light gray.

Kim :kim:

• Haha
Hey y’all!!
I spent so many hours here during my first build. I learned everything from this site. We moved and had to leave our pool 😭. We moved to the middle of nowhere (our hometown where we met in Kindergarten, but that’s a story for another time).

Trying to get builders to come here is crazy. We’ve been working on this for a year now and FINALLY found someone. It was pure luck as they had declined to bid my pool because I’m 60 miles from them. I hit it off with the builder’s wife and asked if she could give me recommendations. As we were chatting, she explained that they might be doing 6 pools and my one pool splits the crews too much because of distance. I get it. Then she mentioned they take a break between January and April because it’s so slow and only take on 1-2 pools during that time. I half jokingly said you need to give one of your clients the boot right now and take me, she laughed and said financing is tough right now, even if we could, there’s not time. I told her we were using savings - still nothing, wouldn’t quote me. She called me a couple days later and one of their clients financing fell through. She said if you can do it/finish before April when we get busy, we will do a quote. That was last week.

Tuesday they came out and gave us a quote, it was the best we’ve gotten this entire time. I loved their designs. We told them we wanted to think on it a couple days. Thursday we called and found out the dig date would be the following Wednesday (Today). 😳 that’s so fast!! They drove over and laid it all out last night, we made some changes on the fly and today we have a huge hole in the ground!!

We are scheduled for gunite Monday, but they are trying to push it to this Saturday because of rain chances. I’m shocked at how fast this is happening!!

Sooooooo I haven’t planned like last time. Which freaks me out. We are going to go salt (as soon as the salt cells are available) AND I WAS A TFP CHLORINE GIRL I haven’t picked out a color (Stonescapes) we aren’t even sure on water features and such yet. 😳

I’m SO behind!!
I’ll shrink some pics and post tomorrow.
Congratulations. We are in rural Texas too but close to Denton Texas. We are moving fast, oddly making me nervous. Maybe I’m a control freak. But we got dig. Day 3 rebar. All equipment.

Love your build. We are doing rectangular but no spa.

• Love

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.