New (and first ever) Pool! Dallas, TX

I would be asking about the sewer line..............I can just see them shooting over it without any thought about what it is and what needs to be done.

Have you measured to make sure it is wide, deep, long, etc enough? Add about 6" for the shell and plaster. Remember the water depth will be at the middle of the skimmer face NOT the top of the wall.

Kim:kim:

Ask about it? I am not sure what you mean there. When I talked to the project manager he said they’d go around it and then fill the holes eventually when it’s rerouted. I’m not thrilled about this idea but I guess it is what it is..

And that’s a great idea. I think I’ll go ahead and measure it when I get home from work today. Though I’m not sure what I’d do if it was wrong.. ?

This process is not too bad so far, a little confusing, but I’m grateful for this forum!!!!

By ask about it I mean find out if that is really the best thing to do...........Seem to me to be a lot of extra work on someone's part. WHO will be rerouting it and when?

If the size is wrong you stop the work and have them redo what is wrong. NOW is the time to do it. Once they shot the shell you are stuck. You need to make sure you are getting what you are paying for.

Reactions: Awp14
Ok, thank you! The project manager just stopped by. He said yes it will be 6 feet deep like we paid for and he measured. I confirmed the other measurements before they dug but I will check those again later.

He also explained the reroute better. They are worried about disturbing the ground too much and messing with the hole so going to do gunite. Then after it cures they’ll flush the temporary sewer pipe and remove it and patch the hole. Then they will do the reroute. We really like the plumbers so I feel pretty confident they will do a good job when the time comes. It’s obviously not ideal but I guess with them hitting the sewer line somewhat unexpectedly this is the solution..

SO on short notice, the gunite crew is here! I had heard you are supposed to water the gunite once it’s done but the project scheduler said that’s more in hot dry weather. Any other opinions? I attached a screenshot of our weather if it’s helpful ? just want to make sure we do the right thing!

Attachments

• 3F14533F-EC85-46EA-9D23-92D9AD80A93F.png
    3F14533F-EC85-46EA-9D23-92D9AD80A93F.png
    210 KB · Views: 21
IF the weather man is right then you are good. It will NOT hurt it to run the hose on it just to be on the safe side if you want to bond with your pool!
Haha I definitely want to bond with the pool! It’s looks great, they just finished it. It’s a little shocking to see the size difference between the dig and the filled in gunite pool (skinnier now obviously).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Then a bonding you will go! LOL on the skinnier thing..............how thick is the shell? I would double check to make sure your side to side size is still good. Plaster will not add too much to it. I am wondering how close the advise I give it..........."Add about 8 inches for the gunite and plaster"..........when I tell people to measure to make sure it is the right size.

Then a bonding you will go! LOL on the skinnier thing..............how thick is the shell? I would double check to make sure your side to side size is still good. Plaster will not add too much to it. I am wondering how close the advise I give it..........."Add about 8 inches for the gunite and plaster"..........when I tell people to measure to make sure it is the right size.

Haha. Looks like a foot actually! So we lost two feet then overall. So hopefully we won’t lose much more on plaster. I took a few measurements and it looks good so far! Tomorrow my husband and I will confirm a few more. Crazy how fast this all took place!

Attachments

• B416171B-D4D0-4FE6-8161-A3EEE960A758.jpeg
    B416171B-D4D0-4FE6-8161-A3EEE960A758.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 47
The pool company just let us know they’re changing from Jandy to Pentair and asked which we wanted. We chose to move with them to Pentair. Hopefully that was the right decision, they’re going to send a list of the equipment later on but said it will be the same types of things that we had with Jandy.

Post up the equipment list when you get it.
Here’s what they said:

Pentair Equipment
Filter 420 clean and clear 160301
Salt Power center Intellichlor 520556
Controller – Easy touch 4sc-ic40, w/cell 520543
Screen logic bundle 522104
Pump – Intelliflow variable speed/flow pump 011028
Spa Blower – 1.5hp 240v Jandy pro series blower psb215 Pentair does not have a blower
Heater – 400 BTU Master Temp 460736
Lights- Intellibrite Pool and Spa
Cleaner pump – Boostrite Booster pump LA-mso5
Cleaner – Racer LS 360330

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.