In SLAM process

I backwashed and rinsed again yesterday. More tan ish water released and the pool water is coming more and more clear. I'm able to see 1/2 way down now. My boys and I were in the pool over the weekend.

I figured taking things 2 fold. 1 enjoying the pool and 2 stirring up the fine sediment (or whatever it is floating around and causing the cloudiness).

Do I have to keep slamming at 18 or can I lessen the SLAM #?

Woop woop! I haven’t seen the bottom of my pool in obviously waaaayyyyy too long. There’s pictures of bubbles down there. :oops::eek::)I barely see them now. Yay!!

I’ll continue SLAM til they’re visible but then I bring my FC down to normal levels and start maintaining the TA & PH?

I figure once I get those “done” I’ll order the SWCG & install that. Then onto figuring out that process.

Ik I’m not done but a HUGE THANK YOU to y’all!!

Idk how long normal SLAM usually goes for but mine started 7/6/19. It’s been a long month

Attachments

• 333928B7-5625-494D-9C7D-58A69211BBAF.jpeg
    333928B7-5625-494D-9C7D-58A69211BBAF.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 59
Now THOSE are the kind of bubbles we want to see in your pool! LOL

You're making really good progress now. Levels are adjusted only when you've successfully completed the SLAM. Don't forget the SLAM rules:

You are done when:
  • CC is 0.5 or lower;
  • You pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
  • And the water is clear. (no cloudiness)

Reactions: Tracey R
You need cristal clear water or Gin type of water. Then you can do de oclt. Since you had a hard time getting it to clear i would still wait like 2 more days after Gin clear to go for the oclt. Just a little margin.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I second that you're not quite near clear yet. Crystal clear is what you're looking for, not mostly clear or so much clearer than before... but crystal clear. Like, toss a nickel in the deep end and tell us if it's heads or tails.

You don't want to stop SLAM too soon, you'll just have to start all over. Better to wait now than begin again.

Good morning! So my fc is staying overnight. Yippee! I vacuumed this morning & got the remaining “sandy” stuff off the bottom. My water is gin clear. 1st picture is yesterday morning & #2 is this morning.

Now I can stop SLAM?
Now I begin testing for PH, TA etc?
My next move is to purchase my SWCG & install within the next couple weeks.

Now I need to review pool school again?

Attachments

• C2F397CC-A350-4535-9DCA-EF45FF12ED9E.jpeg
    C2F397CC-A350-4535-9DCA-EF45FF12ED9E.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 4396A60C-5B0A-4BCD-AE33-9EFC533303BD.jpeg
    4396A60C-5B0A-4BCD-AE33-9EFC533303BD.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 48
Congratulations!

Wait for your FC to drift below 10 before testing and adjusting pH. I don't recall your TA level, but unless it is low (below 50), don't be overly concerned about it.

I added 3lbs dry acid (all I had) for the PH. I was also wrong about having stabilizer so I'll get those this evening. If I recall I can check the PH in about 30 min & it'll show where the adjusted # is?

Also, I noticed I have more of the "sandy" looking spots on the floor of my pool. They are either coming from my filter or from my well.

How do I figure those out? Will this affect my install of the SWCG?

I added 3lbs dry acid (all I had) for the PH.
It is best to not use dry acid if you are installing a SWCG. Dry acid is sodium bisulfate. Sulfates attack metals. The SWCG plates are metal and the coating is a rare earth material. So limiting/eliminating sulfates is a good idea with a SWCG.

Just use muriatic acid in the future for pH adjustments.

Not sure about the 'sand'. Be sure it is sand and not dead algae.

I have not seen MA at Walmart. Lowes, Home Depot, etc typically has it.

I have never used liquid stabilizer so no idea on that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.