In SLAM process

Doing well! Welcome back.
Been pretty active on the forum with many folks home and itching to open their pool!
With the steps I've taken tonight and my "plan" is there anything else I should keep my eyes open for? Of course I'll have a better idea of where I stand tomorrow when I test but I'm trying to get ahead of the game.

You know the drill. Do a complete test. Adjust the pH and take the FC to SLAM level. Use your SWCG to add some chlorine if the water is warm enough. Should clear up quick.

• Love
Reactions: Tracey R
Tracy,

Welcome back! You've sure got a lot on your plate and you've made a couple of great choices that should help. A year of TFP behind you plus swg will let you focus better on the important stuff!

Good luck!

Chris

So I have fabulous news this morning! My SLAM is over! FC stayed at 24.5 overnight.

Simple math says if I am running the pump & SWG (100%) at 24 /7 and the free chlorine is 24.5, I should be able to run the SWG for 12 hours @75% and my FC should drop to around 15ish? Of course these #s are at current temps and CYA (60).

Thoughts?

Tracy,

Using Pool Math and assuming you have a Circupool RJ 60 (3.1 LB/Day production) looks like you'll eventually settle in at 8 hrs run time at 40% for your size pool. This assumes about 2.3 ppm FC loss which is about typical. If you have heavy contamination you could be higher. So if it were me once you drop down to 75% and hold FC I'd drop to 50% then see if it settles out OK. Maintaining a little on the high side for a few days I'd make smaller adjustments. Dropping to 40% at 8hrs. If that holds you can refine run time only. With the TFP sizing criteria you should be able to run less than 50% initially and with good water balance within TFP ranges plus CSI slightly negative your cell should last a LONG time. Lots of reports of 5+ years. Mine's over a year old and cell looks brand new. Never cleaned.

Good luck and hang in there busy lady!

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That’s kind of where my brain was telling me I needed to be at the “end of this trial.”. But I did not want to drop it down suddenly and then be in a problem.

The way I see it is this year is trailing there on the Esta BG. But as long as I don’t let the FC get too low, I should be good to go.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.