In Ground Pool in New England: Plaster today!!!

B.Lu,

I can't find the P/N 011528, but I assume Pentair has changed some P/N's to keep up with the DOE requirements for more efficient pumps..

I can tell from looking that the pump you have is an IntelliFlo "style" pump, but can't tell if it is just a VS or just a VF or is both a VSF pump. Or something newer..

Did they leave you with the manual for that specific pump?

Let's see what @JamesW has to say..

At this point I would not be too worried about it. On the surface it looks good to me.

Thanks,

Jim R.
No manual except what was left when the originally installed the whisperflo. Upthread I describe how I noticed on the day the equipment was installed they had put in the whisperflo, which is what had been in the initial quote. After which, the company sent me an addendum to the contract and a bill for the upgrade (paid sometime ago). When I asked the PB about it, he just said "yeah, I knew they put in the whisperflo, they'll change it when they clean the pool". I have no idea if it was a mistake or always a part of the plan.

The front end is from a Whisperflo and the back end is from an Intelliflo.

The Whisperflo and Intelliflo use the same front end housing.

They might have just pulled out the Whisperflo drive train assembly and slipped in the IntelliFlo drive train assembly so that they would not have to replumb.

So, you likely have the equivalent of an Intelliflo since the front end is the same parts.

You might have an issue registering the warranty since you don't have an IntelliFlo part number and serial number.

If the builder pulled out the entire drive assembly from an Intelliflo including the impeller and diffuser and installed it into the Whisperflo housing, that might be ok if they give you the sticker for the Intelliflo so that you can register it as an Intelliflo.

I talked to the builder today. He assured me that the pump was packaged as received and he spoke with a Pentair Rep who verified the front housing is the same size and interchangeable. He also said the product is fully warranted and the pool company will stand by it. I going to stick with it and move on. I am so grateful to all of your help! I really appreciate the time you took to look into the product and share your thoughts

Reactions: JamesW
I am so excited! The crew just showed up to start the plaster/pebble. It is a really big crew. I can't stop smiling. It is supposed to rain later so they are going to put a tent over it. Even my husband humored me with a smile. This isn't much of a picture but I'll take more and post later. They're covering the pavers with plastic.

20210622_134856.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Add chlorine. Use a brush, broom, something to add 3 ppm FC worth each day. Best in the evening.

Today I tackled cleaning the Pentair Cartridge Filter, which was the thing I was most worried about (apart from learning to open/close the pool of course). I watched some videos and it ended up being not bad at all. We have been enjoying the pool so much! We are sanitizing with chlorine since a component of the SWG is on backorder until the fall but are grateful to have the pool to swim in this season. I had a pretty hefty first electricity bill after the pool was started and am now trying to tweak the schedule of the VS pump (start up company had me run pump at 3500 24/7 for the 1st 30 days). We have been following the TFP method essentially since the pool was done. Not sure if I could brag for being 'TFP clear' but I'm pretty happy. I love testing the water and am still stalking the forum daily.

Huge thanks to you all!

20210802_190948.jpg

20210810_133656.jpg
20210810_140218.jpg

start up company had me run pump at 3500 24/7 for the 1st 30 days)
Ooooof. 2800 KWH. Ouchies. At 1200 ish it should be 120 KWH like a light bulb and a half. waaaaaaaaaaaay better !!!
Not sure if I could brag for being 'TFP clear'
You certainly may. And you will get a good shot and post it up where it belongs in the TFP clear thread. :)

Mondo Huge Bravo Blu.

• Love
Reactions: B.lu
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.