In Ground Pool in New England: Plaster today!!!

What type of filter are you getting? It is not in your signature..

Why does it matter? Because you are are talking about the light you may need to fool with your filter at night. What you may be doing varies with the type of filter.

You want the light on the equipment more then the panel.
Thanks so much Newdude and ajw. It's a cartridge filter, not sure on specifics. I sure wish I had found this before signing the contract. I think a years worth of following the forum before starting the process would have been so helpful! I have been able to make some changes to the plan since the build is still in progress, but each change has been with upcharges possibly beyond what would have been quoted at the start.

Reactions: Newdude
I think a years worth of following the forum before starting the process would have been so helpful
............ooooooooooooor. The build would have been $200k if you knew all the neat stuff you could do. :)

it’s a blessing and a curse sometimes.

Reactions: Snoobug
FYI, you don’t backwash a cartridge filter. They are opened up, the cartridge removed and cleaned, and reassembled.

FYI, you don’t backwash a cartridge filter. They are opened up, the cartridge removed and cleaned, and reassembled.
You know I'm going to be posting A LOT once I actually have to take care of this pool. I have no idea what I'm doing. At least I have my TF-Pro coming in the mail!

Reactions: Snoobug and Newdude
I wonder if these poor guys get tired of people with their faces pressed against the window watching :) My daughters and I are just so excited to finally have some progress!

Reactions: Snoobug

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had it "easier" during our build. Since our pool is on the side of our house with no direct line of sight, I installed a ring camera that overlooked the entire process. We watched a lot of the action from the family room and even made a time lapse video. We only went on the side to give the guys coffee, water and lunch on day 2.

We had it "easier" during our build. Since our pool is on the side of our house with no direct line of sight, I installed a ring camera that overlooked the entire process. We watched a lot of the action from the family room and even made a time lapse video. We only went on the side to give the guys coffee, water and lunch on day 2.
that's ingenious!

Coping was finished yesterday and the grout is really dark. I had told the PB that I wanted the grout to blend with the tile. The coping and pavers are going to be the same color techobloc (greyed nickel) for a monochromatic look. The waterline tile is pewter, almost black, so the grout for the coping will 'match' that at least. I've read that grout can take up to 72 hours to fully light. It was raining last night and these pics are from this am. Do you think it will lighten much, or is this close to the end result? Also, now Im not sure if a light grout with the pavers will look good against this, or I'll need to embrace the dark grout for the whole area.
*Edited to make my pics smaller*
grout 2.jpg

grout.jpg

The grout lightened up, as the internet and my PB told me it would.

The crew is back today. Starting the stone dust for the deck. Pavers came in about a week after they were ordered so things are moving along. They ordered the fencing last week too so I'm hopeful we will be swimming in June. My garage is already getting filled because my polywood loungers and umbrellas arrived last week too! I am envious of everyone in warmer areas already swimming!

paver prep 2.jpg

paver prep.jpg

Reactions: Newdude
They ended up putting all of the pavers in place today to get ahead of the rain that is expected tomorrow. I think they'll be back on Thursday to finish placement on the left and back (only going to be 3ft wide) and then grout. It's so nice to see some change to the space after looking at the pit since November
20210504_152235.jpg

Reactions: Apsuhead
Pavers were completed today with a little space around the perimeter for the fence to go in. They have to wait for it to dry before doing the grout.

I have a question about filling the pool. I am having water tanked in because I have a well (that I almost ran dry during the gunite phase). I've frequently seen recs on this site for wrapping a rag around the hose when filling the pool from a house spigot. Does the same apply with the water tank? Do I presume the water company will know that (I'm guessing no) but hope the pool company would. Thanks!!!

I've frequently seen recs on this site for wrapping a rag around the hose when filling the pool from a house spigot. Does the same apply with the water tank?
No. The water will be coming out like a firehose, maybe even more than a firehose. A rag/sock wouldn't stand a chance. But GREAT question.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.