IceShadow’s pool thread 2022

pH seems just shy of 8.0 (was 7.7 before the party) so I’ll leave it alone for now.

FC went from (untested, presumed) 11-12 down to 6.5. CC was barest hint of pink so below 0.5. Adding a gallon of LC dated early April, probably isn’t full strength now (and thus may not have been 11-12 before).

Reactions: JamesW
Pool cover is on, since CCs were negligible.

I’ll add another gallon on our way out the door on Tuesday. Heater is already off. Then it’s hope for the best with the lady adding a gallon twice a week.

60FD61D5-5A2B-44C2-B7AF-9CC992E19D1F.jpeg

Reactions: JoeSelf and kimkats
Back. The WaterGuru, which usually reports low, has the FC at 6.0. So doing well. :) Cover removed and some stuff went into the pool, but that’s why I have a robot.

4658B69C-DD5B-424D-88DE-1C83CC767071.jpeg

Here’s the night shot. Still looking pretty good on the light test. I think we’re all set here. :)

52F896A9-516F-4D0F-B485-C6683026BE8B.jpeg

(Not sure why image is sideways.)

Our food garden is going crazy too. Super tall tomato plants and the watermelon vine is growing like crazy. Peppers are smaller, and it’s hard to judge the garlic. Rhubarb bed is doing well too. :) I think the extra sun from the removed trees is doing it.

253F6CEE-8F0C-4DCE-890E-2D66C4D4D4AF.jpeg

9C10410B-509F-4B9A-87E7-6C5123E808B1.jpeg

You sure did dial in the pool care while you were gone!

Those plants! WOW! I hope they produce and you can enjoy the yummmmmmms from it. Do y'all have deer around? We do and if you have a garden you HAVE to take actions to keep them out.

How is the kitty?

You sure did dial in the pool care while you were gone!

Those plants! WOW! I hope they produce and you can enjoy the yummmmmmms from it. Do y'all have deer around? We do and if you have a garden you HAVE to take actions to keep them out.

How is the kitty?
We do have some deer but we're pretty close to a big city / suburban. I've never seen them inside the little fenced-in area of the pool, though.

Cats are doing well, no issues with them. :)

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So my CYA is now below 30 again. Gonna toss in some pucks in a floater to bring that up a bit.

Meanwhile I backwashed and it took another 6 cups of DE to raise my PSI by 1 from 15 to 16. Seems crazy….

• Wow
Reactions: Newdude and kimkats
Yeah that smell will SMACK you in the face. It is B.A.D. to the max!

Where is your CYA going?
Dunno. Not enough water loss to point to a leak. With the heater going and the water being 85 with the night temps 65 and me too lazy to roll out the cover it can lose 1/4” or so a day but that’s not leak territory. I’m assuming it’s just degrading over time.

I know mine did! I found it VERY ironic that I could not keep CYA in my pool once I learned here how to take care of it since HIGH cya and messed up ph/ta was what ruined my first pool. With me it was the many big rains we get here in FL that caused me to drain the extra water often.

New photos from tonight. Shared them on FB too. There’s a salt water pools group that seems at least agnostic toward TFP and has others from here helping out people who will listen. Anyway I think the water is getting less fuzzy in the light, so it’s a good thing so far. :)

3AB36767-8B30-42A2-AFD1-32033227F133.jpegED86915C-D96B-4BEE-95D6-F78B9F47E42D.jpeg41B9C7DE-02D2-4A8A-AC1A-C2771D26618E.jpeg

Is there ANY fuzz at all? That is some of the clearest water I have seen so far! NICE!
There's still a little fireball but it's getting pretty small. I have DE in the filter again and I did use some of the Aah!some pool cleaner/clarifier stuff.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.