IceShadow’s pool thread 2022

Judging from the yellow dust on my car, the end of season pollen/crud is upon us up north.

It might get a little hazier but it's not your pools fault if it does. (y)

Right now that's about as good as you can get unless there is zero wind or rain for several days of 24/7 filtering.

Judging from the yellow dust on my car, the end of season pollen/crud is upon us up north.

It might get a little hazier but it's not your pools fault if it does. (y)

Right now that's about as good as you can get unless there is zero wind or rain for several days of 24/7 filtering.
It’s been pretty empty in the skimmer and robot lately. Calm before the leaf falling storm.

Reactions: Newdude
The do for sure! One thing I did was use 2 pvc poles to V it out from right in front of the return without touching the liner. I will be putting a tab tube in my next set up just for using tablets when wanted/needed.

…is it a problem if water goes up to the bead at the top of the liner? It’s pouring and it’s almost above the top of the skimmer plate. I want to wait to drain because the water goes to my neighbor’s yard and it’s probably already soaking in his house…..

Last edited:
Is there no way to direct the water to the side yard towards the road?
Not without breaking out a submersible pump and setting up a hose to go toward the road, in a downpour. My waste pipe goes where it is going.

I do want to direct the waste pipe into our downspout since that goes to the storm sewer anyway but that's not a project I've done yet.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Temps have been chilly here. No warm weather in sight - spent $450 in gas heating the pool in August. Gave up and turned it off. Pool is down to low 60s - probably gonna close this weekend. :(

Gonna try the Aahsome winterizing stuff instead of polyquat this year. See if it opens any cleaner.

I do wonder if anyone has ever tried lowering the water and then putting a solar cover on under the mesh safety cover. Seems like it might catch the junk and shade out algae a bit better. But might also destroy the solar cover when ice forms. Hmm…

My main thinking was that my chlorine seems to stay higher for longer when the solar cover is on. So if it sat on top of the water underneath the mesh cover, the chlorine might stay higher if I raised it to slam level prior to closing. It might also cut down on the amount of light algae could use to grow in the water.

The crud on top would probably end up in the pool, that’s true. I could try to get it out by putting a hose past the cover at one edge to raise it up in the spring, but realistically, it’ll all dump into the pool anyway when I remove the cover, even if it’s high enough to remove easily.

It would probably end up destroying the cover, though, and the water and junk on top that does get sunlight through the mesh cover would probably become an algae farm in the spring anyway. So I don’t think it would end up gaining me much and may end up losing the cover in the process.

Reactions: Newdude
I think the top of it would be an algae farm with whatever light gets through the cover. Then with each raindrop, it would wash into the pool.

The safety cover does however make an awesome place to dry the solar cover before you store it. It stays clean, unlike drying it in the yard.

Reactions: IceShadow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.