IC60 - low salt light, but Taylor kit saying 3400ppm

So the rewired back to original is leaving me in the same situation. red and green flashing endlessly! What in the world…

Maybe the cell is wrong or your test is wrong.

Check the actual salinity a different reliable way.

Get a different K-1766 test kit and a calibrated meter to verify the salinity to be extra sure.

Also, make sure that you are doing the test correctly with good reagents.

Maybe the cell is wrong or your test is wrong.

Check the actual salinity a different reliable way.

Get a different K-1766 test kit and a calibrated meter to verify the salinity to be extra sure.

Also, make sure that you are doing the test correctly with good reagents.
The reagents are brand new as of a month ago. And the test was matching my old reagents anyways. Im going to plug the lines and take the unit out and replace the thermistor and see

Reactions: JamesW
So I installed the new flow switch (just twisting the wires together) and now the flow light is red. So this flow switch is bad OR twisting the wires together isn’t sufficient? Can someone point me to a genuine Pentair flow switch/thermistor?

Maybe/probably not an issue but... K1766 has a +/- error factor. The IC60 has a +/- error factor. Pentair says 3600ppm is both the minimum and ideal salt concentration. Easy and cheap to add another bag of salt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe/probably not an issue but... K1766 has a +/- error factor. The IC60 has a +/- error factor. Pentair says 3600ppm is both the minimum and ideal salt concentration. Easy and cheap to add another bag of salt.
The minimum is 2800 per what is written on the actual unit.

Reactions: mknauss
Also, what is warranty on these?
Ecommerce (EC) products: Products purchased from an Authorized Pentair Online Reseller (products beginning with EC-) receive a one (1) year (parts only) warranty from the date of purchase.

The exceptions are: IntelliChlor cells and IntelliFlo SVRS pumps which receive a two (2) year warranty. EC products are not eligible for the bundled three (3) year extended warranty.

Did I void it?
When did you buy it?

The time to ask is before you begin taking things apart.

In any case, the warranty is probably ok.

09/25/2018
1634499317988.png

Flow switch has 4 wires on cells manufactured before September 2018:

• Red/black - flow switch
  • Green/white - temperature sensor
Flow switch has 3 wires on cells manufactured after September 2018:

• Red - flow switch
  • White - temperature sensor
  • Black - common
The IntelliChlor uses the Harwil Q-12DST-C2 flow switch. It has an integrated 10k thermistor.

71y+7WnXFiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

apigf6297__70411.1586856450.png

Is this a genuine part?
523100-2.jpg

That's the new 3-wire model.

Yours is the older style 4 wire model.

The notes say before or after September 2018, but your cell was made during September 2018, which is not before or after, which causes some confusion.

The flow switch installation instructions seem to indicate that the new flow switch will work, you just need to cap off the green wire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pperc
523100-2.jpg

That's the new 3-wire model.

Yours is the older style 4 wire model.

The notes say before or after September 2018, but your cell was made during September 2018, which is not before or after, which causes some confusion.

The flow switch installation instructions seem to indicate that the new flow switch will work, you just need to cap off the green wire.
Yes it does. The switch had 4 wires. So I could buy either the old 4 wire or the new 3 wire based on what I’m reading but maybe the new 3 wire would be the safest bet.

Reactions: JamesW
I’m most frustrated that cutting the wires didn’t get the cell working again. It seems to be different than everyone else’s experience and has me worried that there is an issue with the cell itself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.