The set up menu on iAquaLink only provides options for the Jandy ePump or the Pentair IntelliFlo VS or VF pump.
There had been some threads on the SuperFlo pump that you can search which may provide you views.

Thanks so much. Yes, I’ve been searching having a hard time confirming how to make it work. This guy seems to have made it work, but I can’t tell if it’s just plugging it in four times.

The video is using four relays and the Digital External Controls on the pump.

If you have one to four relays available you can do that.

You did not show the relays in the bottom section of the cabinet.

Step back and take a full shot of the open cabinet.

Oops! Sorry, still learning where the important bits are.

Also, I just noticed that the pool pump is still running on its internal schedule and not the schedule I programmed into AquaLink. I'm not confident that the pool company knew how to do this install properly. They also forgot to connect the light.

B0011006-02DA-4563-9C51-1840BED82E64_1_102_o.jpeg0C6C9FDF-7580-4FF6-A791-D456612AE05A_1_102_o.jpeg

It looks like you have an Aqualink RS4 that only supports four relays although you see you have eight AUX buttons.

Only the left relay is in use and you have three available relays. However if you use one relay for the lights you will have two relays available for pump speeds.

You have two devices connected to the left relay. One is probably your pump. Do you know what the other is?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, I just noticed that the pool pump is still running on its internal schedule and not the schedule I programmed into AquaLink.

The Aqualink is wired to turn your pump ON and OFF. You should be able to schedule that in the Aqualink.

When the pump is ON it will follow whatever is in it's internal programming.

What schedule did you program in the Aqualink?

What schedule is the pump following in its internal control panel?

The Pentair pump does not know it is connected to an automation system. So when ON it does what is set in its control panel.

It looks like you have an Aqualink RS4 that only supports four relays although you see you have eight AUX buttons.

Only the left relay is in use and you have three available relays. However if you use one relay for the lights you will have two relays available for pump speeds.

You have two devices connected to the left relay. One is probably your pump. Do you know what the other is?
OP has a heater and it shows on the green bar that it is connected. So the other device to the Filter Pump relay should be the heater.

The Aqualink is wired to turn your pump ON and OFF. You should be able to schedule that in the Aqualink.

When the pump is ON it will follow whatever is in it's internal programming.

What schedule did you program in the Aqualink?

What schedule is the pump following in its internal control panel?

The Pentair pump does not know it is connected to an automation system. So when ON it does what is set in its control panel.
I scheduled (based on the guy's recommendation) to turn on the pump from 1p - 9p. However, the previous schedule was 5a - 1p. I went out there to take the pictures, and it was on (at around 8a). Also, the EXT light was not on.

My goal is to use all 4x relays (maybe like this):
1) Filter Speed 1
2) Filter Speed 2
3) Heater
4) Light

I scheduled (based on the guy's recommendation) to turn on the pump from 1p - 9p. However, the previous schedule was 5a - 1p. I went out there to take the pictures, and it was on (at around 8a). Also, the EXT light was not on.

Does your pump turn off when you turn off the filter/pump on the Aqualink?

My goal is to use all 4x relays (maybe like this):
1) Filter Speed 1
2) Filter Speed 2
3) Heater
4) Light

The heater does not need to be on an AUX relay. However you do not want the heater to be on when the pump is not on.

The first relay is the filter/pump relay. Then you have AUX 1, AUX2 & AUX3.

The filter/pump relay is for any devices that should be powered when the pump is on.= heater, SWG.

The VS pump can be connected to continuous power but then you cannot control other devices being on and off at the same time as the pump.

Big bummer. I specially asked him if there were any compatibility issues with Pentair + Jandy, and he said, "not at all!"
Well there are partial truths. If the PB would have provided a Pentair IntellIflo pump it would automate with iAquaLink. It is not perfect but does provide the key features. Also, if you ever switch to using a SWCG then only a Jandy SWCG will automate controls through iAquaLink. You can use other mfg. Models but it will be only controlled at its dedicated control panel that would be mounted at the equipment pad.

Reactions: Ashkaan
Does your pump turn off when you turn off the filter/pump on the Aqualink?

The heater does not need to be on an AUX relay. However you do not want the heater to be on when the pump is not on.

The first relay is the filter/pump relay. Then you have AUX 1, AUX2 & AUX3.

The filter/pump relay is for any devices that should be powered when the pump is on.= heater, SWG.

The VS pump can be connected to continuous power but then you cannot control other devices being on and off at the same time as the pump.
It does actually turn on and off with the AquaLink. In fact, I bet come 1p, it'll still run because of the AquaLink schedule. Maybe it runs on both. If that's the case, then I just need to figure out how to delete the schedule from the device.

Doesn't the heater need to be on a relay if I sometimes want the pump without heat and sometimes want the pump with heat?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.