I think I have a problem with RJ45+

watching this as well. Just received my RJ60+ from discount salt pool. While the local Home Depots have 'some' 10% HDX chlorinating liquid, the demand this summer will likely make finding it very tough.

Reactions: markayash
When the virus situation is over liquid chlorine will be plentiful again and not a problem. We did that for years but we find salt pools to be way more comfortable and way easier to care for. Our jug-lugging days are over!

I tried not to call them and bug them since they only received it yesterday. However, with it being good Friday tomorrow and possibly closed I was that PIA customer. Anyway the tech was working on it when I called and they told me I would get an email shortly with info. About an hour later I got a warranty email from Circupool to replace the SWCG cell and confirm the warranty. I did have to pay shipping which the warranty clearly says and with how new it is I think it is a little ridiculous but it is $13 so it is what it is. I will have to call DiscountSaltPool tomorrow to verify they are sending my control unit back ASAP and will mention how I feel about shipping on a 1 month old unit replacement. Other than the shipping (I am a cheapskate) the turn around so far was quick and they are very helpful on the phone.

Question: Is Discount Salt Pools and Circupool the same company?

I tried not to call them and bug them since they only received it yesterday. However, with it being good Friday tomorrow and possibly closed I was that PIA customer. Anyway the tech was working on it when I called and they told me I would get an email shortly with info. About an hour later I got a warranty email from Circupool to replace the SWCG cell and confirm the warranty. I did have to pay shipping which the warranty clearly says and with how new it is I think it is a little ridiculous but it is $13 so it is what it is. I will have to call DiscountSaltPool tomorrow to verify they are sending my control unit back ASAP and will mention how I feel about shipping on a 1 month old unit replacement. Other than the shipping (I am a cheapskate) the turn around so far was quick and they are very helpful on the phone.

Question: Is Discount Salt Pools and Circupool the same company?

I don't think they are the same company since DS sells other brands but who knows maybe a way to sell more Circupools :)
They do seem to both be in Texas but DS salt pricing is a lot cheaper then what Circupool sells for on their own site.

I agree with you, charging for shipping that new is wrong but hey lot worse things going on now then worrying about $13. Hope it works better then new!

Reactions: Trk3263
I think they might have some family ties, to say it politely. The Circupool seller on eBay is also in Houston... So DSP might be a "dealer" but I think they might be the only one. This is good to know. I certainly want to be 100% ready to do the job when I order just in case. Thank you for sharing.

I received my tracking number for my salt cell. Waiting for one for my controller head, unless of course they are all being sent from the same place. On paper I sent the controller to DiscountSaltPools and the new salt cell is coming from Circupool.

I emailed Circupool last night about the shipping and Sonny from the Business Resolution Center replied this am already stating the notes should have reflected better not to charge for shipping. They will be reimbursing my card today for the shipping.
I would say these guys are top of the line in customer service from technical assistance through warranty.

It should be noted Sonny was also the same name of the tech I spoke with when I called Discount Salt Pools. I went back and looked at both emails I received from "Sonny" at DiscountSaltPools and at Circupool and interestingly enough they have the same last name. ;) In my reply thank you email, I put some feelers out to see if he will admit to being the same company.

This information about Discount Salt Pools is helpful. I guess at the end of the day I don't care much about ownership since that's never been a criteria for me to choose. I still look at $/lb chlorine, DIY warranty, reputation here. But it is good to know relationship could be somewhat conflicted. When I bought I spot-checked pricing listed in their table and found it to be accurate. I also found their pricing for competitive products to be very good. Lastly, I checked their BBB rating and resolution of complaints. All checked out great to my satisfaction at that time (a little over a year ago).

Their handling of your warranty is a little disappointing but probably not worse than most manufacturers, especially when you consider DIY. Looks like you'll be up and running about a month after the issue. Your experience illustrates perfectly why I won't buy a major brand for DIY. Cells are better now but too many still fail in the first year to buy with a severely reduced DIY warranty. Wish it was better but even with this I'd buy from them again. I was very fortunate and probably like most. Unit started up perfectly and has been operating like a champ for a little over a year.

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This information about Discount Salt Pools is helpful. I guess at the end of the day I don't care much about ownership since that's never been a criteria for me to choose. I still look at $/lb chlorine, DIY warranty, reputation here. But it is good to know relationship could be somewhat conflicted. When I bought I spot-checked pricing listed in their table and found it to be accurate. I also found their pricing for competitive products to be very good. Lastly, I checked their BBB rating and resolution of complaints. All checked out great to my satisfaction at that time (a little over a year ago).

Their handling of your warranty is a little disappointing but probably not worse than most manufacturers, especially when you consider DIY. Looks like you'll be up and running about a month after the issue. Your experience illustrates perfectly why I won't buy a major brand for DIY. Cells are better now but too many still fail in the first year to buy with a severely reduced DIY warranty. Wish it was better but even with this I'd buy from them again. I was very fortunate and probably like most. Unit started up perfectly and has been operating like a champ for a little over a year.

Chris

I noticed most of their complaints were the cell won't keep up and they tell the pool owner " you have a pool water issue". Hard to tell, some people buy and just want a refund and some may have a legit issue and get ignored.

Maybe most of their " my cell doesn't work" are water issues so that's why they have you send it in.

I noticed most of their complaints were the cell won't keep up and they tell the pool owner " you have a pool water issue". Hard to tell, some people buy and just want a refund and some may have a legit issue and get ignored.

Maybe most of their " my cell doesn't work" are water issues so that's why they have you send it in.
Yea the other good thing was they had me try a few things prior to saying send it in. Makes sense for them to test it there in their controlled environment. With all these different pool stores giving all different advise who knows what people have in their pool. Maybe I should have dropped the "I use TFP" creds and things would have been more like... oh we will send a new one out send your in for the swap... hahaha

Maybe I should have dropped the "I use TFP" creds and things would have been more like... oh we will send a new one out send your in for the swap... hahaha

Not so funny...I bet you're not too far off from that. Us TFPers are known for keeping high quality H2O in our pools as well as a springboard for products...good or bad...we'll let everyone know all about it. In CircuPool's case, much praise has been said about their products here and hundreds if not thousands of people see and act on that knowledge. I include myself in that crowd as I recently ordered from them as well. I'd bet they well know who we are.

Reactions: Trk3263
Yea the other good thing was they had me try a few things prior to saying send it in. Makes sense for them to test it there in their controlled environment. With all these different pool stores giving all different advise who knows what people have in their pool. Maybe I should have dropped the "I use TFP" creds and things would have been more like... oh we will send a new one out send your in for the swap... hahaha
[/QUO
They are even a member. Go to Members, type in Circupool.

You would think they would be active in boards like this, cheap and free advertising..I know the guy from Jacks magic helped me with Iron and earned my business.

Irritated...... The Salt Cell showed up today but the Control Panel was not shipped with it like I was told it would be. Just called and not real clear on what the mix up was other than staffing issues with the COVID-19 stuff which I can image if probably a problem. It is being sent out today. Not very Happy I wanted to get this thing installed today.

• Angry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.