Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
For years, I have lurked on this part of the forum living vicariously through everyone else secretly wanting to be able to build a pool and make decisions myself. Unfortunately, while still not doing a new build, I now have the opportunity to renovate our pool and yard, so that is the goal this spring / summer. LOOK @kimkats I finally made it over here lol I have another thread you can view that goes over the dramatics of our pool from when we bought the house, needless to say the previous owners ruined the pool (surface, tiles and equipment), we spent last year getting the equipment handled and now want to tackle the big. Happen to be receiving a sad influx of cash soon, I felt this was one of the better uses of that so using the knowledge I have gained over the years lurking in this area I began to seek out builders/renovators in the area and start the estimating process. I started a list with my husband and 13yo daughter that is basically divided into must haves and wishlist type of things. I am hoping to secure 5 estimates from different companies with estimates separated into must have and another for wishlist items. So far, I am having good luck getting responses to schedule appointments. I contacted 9 and have 3 getting scheduled so far, I expect more over the next couple of days.

I will take any and all suggestions during this whole process and I of course will feed the beast lots of pics as it goes :)

HI!!!! SO glad to see this thread!!!! You will have a A+ pool once we get done with it!!!

So share your lists so we can look over it with you!

Kim:kim:

Ok I am slightly embarrassed at the list but let's have fun with it, let's see if everyone can guess who made the requests me, DH, DD the right answers may be surprising lol

the must haves
  1. Resurface
  2. New Tile
  3. poured equip pad
  4. fix plumbing
  5. new skimmer
  6. add skimmer
  7. add heater/chiller
  8. label pipes
  9. new light
  10. Removable fence to keep my dogs out (brats) 😂😂

The wish LIst
  1. Decking
  2. Slide
  3. Hard plumb backwash
  4. another outdoor spigot closer to equipment
  5. pool light working
  6. even out back wall/ remove sheer descent
  7. add real coping
  8. remove all gravel
  9. Add turf or fake grass
  10. Pergola?
  11. small side stamped concrete patio?

Last edited:
Hi there neighbor! It is a good time of the year to do so, keep in mind that contractors are crazy busy, be patient :)

Hey there, thanks for the recommendations btw! sorry that piece was for @Nikilyn So far only ONE has come back with a nope, the rest have been really responsive so that's good, that may change when they know my timeline isn't starting for a little while yet.

Happen to be receiving a sad influx of cash soon, I felt this was one of the better uses of that
Whoa whoa whoa !!!! Abort mission !!! The stimulus checks are $600.00, not $60000. Phew. That was close. Silly decimal point ruins the day.

Whoa whoa whoa !!!! Abort mission !!! The stimulus checks are $600.00, not $60000. Phew. That was close. Silly decimal point ruins the day.

I wish that is what it was from lol sadly, my mother passed away 12/26 so my sister and I have to split everything.

• Sad
Reactions: Nikilyn
Ahhhhh it was the other kind of ‘sad influx of cash’. I thought you were taking a well deserved pot shot at the government. Sorry for the loss.

Reactions: BowserB

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
  1. Decking-You
  2. Slide-DD
  3. Hard plumb backwash-You
  4. another outdoor spigot closer to equipment-You
  5. pool light working-?
  6. even out back wall/ remove sheer descent-You
  7. add real coping-DH
  8. remove all gravel-DH
  9. Add turf or fake grass-DH (Will talk about fake on the bottom)
  10. Pergola?-You
  11. small side stamped concrete patio?-You
Fake grass gets HOT! Not able to walk on it barefoot hot. Just something to think about.

So how did I do?

1. Decking-You
  2. Slide-DD dead giveaway right? I asked her waterfall or slide lol
  3. Hard plumb backwash-You
  4. another outdoor spigot closer to equipment-You
  5. pool light working-? DH
  6. even out back wall/ remove sheer descent-You
  7. add real coping-ME
  8. remove all gravel-DH
  9. Add turf or fake grass-DH (Will talk about fake on the bottom)
  10. Pergola?-funny enough HIM on the small patio area
  11. small side stamped concrete patio?-DH
Fake grass gets HOT! Not able to walk on it barefoot hot. Just something to think about. More for the dogs than us lol

So how did I do? very close, added in the real ones.

Keep a copy of the pic so we can laugh when it is all done and you will not have to deal with again now that you have TFP in your back pocket!!!

I will be laughing anyway since there are so many things I despise with this pool and the previous owner's were so horrible with it lol

Your water is normal Phoenix water. CH of 250 ppm. Your CH level will increase by 300-400 ppm per year. From evaporation.

Not a deal breaker. You just plan to drain and refill the pool every two years or so.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.