Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

That decking is going to really tie everything in together perfect

THanks. I think so too.

- - - Updated - - -

Phil, just to make your decision harder, did you know PT has a new finish called PebbleBrilliance???

Hi Marla - My PB does not offer PebbleTec. Only Wetedge and a bunch of others like stonescapes, jewelscapes, etc. But I think we have enough choices to not feel as if we missed out on Pebble Tec ( and its higher pricing made me miss them even lesser :) )

We were torn between Indigo Blue and Deep Sea Blue also. We ultimately decided on Deep Sea Blue but I didn't know we could mix and match like that. Thanks Phil! My PB and husband will thank you less because they thought that was one decision officially made. Oops! Have you looked at the different water colors you get from Indigo, Mediterranean, and Deep Sea?

Very curious as to what your hybrid mix will do! What is your current timeline to plaster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ultimately decided on Deep Sea Blue but I didn't know we could mix and match like that. Thanks Phil! My PB and husband will thank you less because they thought that was one decision officially made. Oops!

I did not know it either till PB let it slip and I saw another build ( search for Vitaly ) done by my PB who had even more custom mixing. You can define plaster color from any series ( satin, pearl or prism), then select the top finish and then you can even substitute things - you can remove all the black pebbles from Deep Sea Blue and instead replace them with grey or white or tan pebbles. Or remove black and replace them with white and grey in a 60/40 combination. Totally customizable and your PB is definitely going to loose some sleep. Its not very difficult for the plaster company - they just have to make sure that the order is done correctly and the right materials are on the truck. It really should not add to the cost - as long as you are not substituting pebbles for glass beads or from a light plaster to a really dark plaster ( I'm told that the cobalt pigment is pricey).

Have fun TM2009 :)

I did not know it either till PB let it slip and I saw another build ( search for Vitaly ) done by my PB who had even more custom mixing. You can define plaster color from any series ( satin, pearl or prism), then select the top finish and then you can even substitute things - you can remove all the black pebbles from Deep Sea Blue and instead replace them with grey or white or tan pebbles. Or remove black and replace them with white and grey in a 60/40 combination. Totally customizable and your PB is definitely going to loose some sleep. Its not very difficult for the plaster company - they just have to make sure that the order is done correctly and the right materials are on the truck. It really should not add to the cost - as long as you are not substituting pebbles for glass beads or from a light plaster to a really dark plaster ( I'm told that the cobalt pigment is pricey).

Have fun TM2009 :)

Thanks! Considering we're already in the Prism Matrix Category 5 price bracket with our color choices I wasn't sure how much more they could up charge other than maybe a "custom change" fee. Super excited to see how your selection turns out. I think I've read Vitaly's thread. Do you remember what his mix was?

I think I've read Vitaly's thread. Do you remember what his mix was?

TW2009 - are you ready? The mix for Vitaly was : base plaster from Pearl Matrix New Zealand Blue, the finish from Prism Matrix Blue Lagoon, but removing all black stones and replacing them with light blue glass beads from Indigo.

His build thread is here: New Pool Build - Katy, TX - Page 9

TW2009 - are you ready? The mix for Vitaly was : base plaster from Pearl Matrix New Zealand Blue, the finish from Prism Matrix Blue Lagoon, but removing all black stones and replacing them with light blue glass beads from Indigo.

His build thread is here: New Pool Build - Katy, TX - Page 9

Thank you!! I just finished reading his thread. That's awesome they will let you mix from so many!

Here's to hoping our builds go as smoothly as his did-wow!

The tile job is looking amazing!! I would have a hard time seeing a dirty wheelbarrow sitting and rolling in my pretty new WHITE travertine...it would make me cringe.

I still like the contrast of the deep sea blue with your white travertine, but the Mediterranean might go better with your tile.

whatever you pick, it's going to be gorgeous!!

The tile job is looking amazing!! I would have a hard time seeing a dirty wheelbarrow sitting and rolling in my pretty new WHITE travertine...it would make me cringe.

I still like the contrast of the deep sea blue with your white travertine, but the Mediterranean might go better with your tile.

whatever you pick, it's going to be gorgeous!!

Thanks Nursenini. The blue wheelbarrow kinda matches the tile :) One thing I found about these white marble pavers is that we can use either side. Travertine can only be used on one side - the other side is unfinished. So, if anything falls on it that makes a stain or mark that is grossly unsightly, I have the option to either flip it r alternatively move that paver to an area that is inconspicuous. Maybe 15 years from now, I will flip over all the pavers....lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
White grout - not sure if it came out the way I expected it to. There is still some haze on the tiles and its also not dried fully. So, we decided not to grout the spa tiles as yet till we are more sure that this is what we like. I will get some more pictures tomorrow after cleaning the haze.

No grout on spa and the "step blocks" as yet. They are also covered with plastic.

The iridescent effect was terrific. This was in the shade. I expected to see this effect with the sunlight on it directly.

Hmmm, hard to decide on the grout. No grout/matching grout: you notice the color change "in waves" across the tiles. White grout: you notice the color change by individual tile. The good news is BOTH are gorgeous.

I'm not generally a fan of white grout but I actually like the way it contrasts with your white coping. In the last picture where you can see the iridescence of the tile it's beautiful! Tough call! I don't envy you that choice. [emoji51]

Sweet!! They do tend to use the pool as a trash can! Oh well at least they clean it up!

SO when will the plaster be??

So do you have a test kit yet? You are at the point you will be needed one soon. Look in my siggy for the one I think is the best bang for the buck.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.