Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

What's for breakfast honey? Not pebble and pozzolonas again :) Plaster color is so difficult to select. The balance between cost, looks and texture under the feet is bound to change everyday. While sitting on the deck, I want the look of glass beads in the pool. When inside the pool, I want smoothness Primera Stone and when checking bank balance, I have strong preference for white plaster...lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

LOL! So true!! I keep trying to talk myself out of the Prism Matrix and it's hefty price tag, but then I keep going back to it. I feel it and think I can choose something else. I see the glass and water colors achieved and think I have to have it. I see the price, and I get a migraine. I'm feeling your pain philboyj!

I like your granite! We're in the process of selecting something in similar colors for our kitchen now.

Hey look Phil! You can go swimming! Plaster color: Mud Pie. [emoji15]

Seriously though, that's a lot of water! Is it okay to hope for it again on fill day so you get your real fill for free (delayed to start to after acid wash of course)? Lol It's insane how many inches we've gotten in the last 15 or so hours!! My poor garden was underwater and drowning all night and had some seedlings so time will tell their fate but my comfrey was seriously happy this morning. It doesn't look like it's over yet either. I was thinking about all of you in progress builds! ☹️ Was Katy school canceled? We were in CFISD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Two guys walked into my backyard...looked around the spa area...made some measurements...sat around for a bit and then left. I work from my home office so I stepped out to say hello and find out what they were doing. Both apparently did not speak English, shrugged their shoulders and I went back inside and texted my PB.

I was thinking - when did it become ok for anyone to walk into anybody's backyard yard. If PB is not with them, I think they should announce themselves at the front door before entering the backyard. I dont think the PB specifically knew that these guys were going to stop by.

Its still a waiting game - we have a good 10 days of work left on the pool - that's it!!

Question about incorrect estimation:

If PB measured the glass tiles at 90 sqft, while in reality it is 190sqft , who should pay for the difference? It could be incorrect estimation, it might be a typo. So, if the difference is now 100 sqft x $39 per sqft for glass tiles, thats a $ 3900 change. What should happen here?

Conversely , if PB estimates gas pipe as 100 linear feet and in reality, it is 20 feet, should I be paying only for correct amount or per original quote? The difference here could be about $800.

I'm not saying that both of these things have happened, but wanted to know what was the "fair" way of dealing with something like typos and incorrect estimations.

Thanks

How is it written in the contract signed by your and the PB? THAT is what will hold up in a court of law.

What is right as a human knowing humans make mistakes? What is agreed upon between the two parties over a beer and burgers.

Kim:cat:

How is it written in the contract signed by your and the PB?

Kim:cat:

Kim - this is not specifically addressed in the contract. I doubt if this is ever addressed in most boiler plate contracts. I was just wondering if something like this has happened to anyone else?

This is what happens when there is no progress on my pool - I cook up scenarios to feed the mind :))

Our contract says up to 60' of gas pipe and $x for each foot over, so even if it is 10' you still pay the same.

If PB makes a mistake maybe they should pay the difference, split it or charge cost only?

Since you have time on your hands want to come over and bond with our pool. ;)

We are using the same tile but in the 1x2 mini subway shape so you need to pick your surface to help our decision, LOL. Forgot to add that I think white plaster with white marble coping and that tile would be stunning! We have to use a natural color coping to tie in with our existing earth color brick. Poolside - Contemporary - Pool - houston - by Jackie Impey Artist

We have a pool and I have tried to be "scientific" and put all the finish samples in our spa, on the pool steps, on the spa bench, in the shallow and deep ends (but it's a sport pool so not very deep) and in the shade and the sun parts of the pool during various times to test resulting water color. The results are as clear as that muddy water in your pool, and it honestly hasn't helped my decision at all! We have ruled out PebbleTec and PebbleSheen based on experience in other pools and ar looking ar Hydrazzo/Durazzo or maybe Stonescapes. I was obsessed with the smoothnes and sparkliness of Jewelscapes but it looks very bumpy underwater, like there are tiny bubbles on the surface. The Jewelscapes would have been ~$15000.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.