Hayward Pump Out of Stock & Green Pool

Momma2annababy

Jun 8, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Hi pool lovers,

Our in ground pool is three years old, and our pump went out 7/10/21. We have a 2.7 Hayward Ecostar 2.0 Variable Speed under warranty. Blue Haven Pools misquoted us badly as they said 2-4 weeks before we would get a new pump. Thanks to this forum I now understand a bit of why there is a shortage (winter storm, Covid, changing laws). We covered all equipment during our Texas freeze and thought we made it.

Anywho, is there anyone else in the same boat? What are some options? My pool is green and a breeding ground for mosquitos (we’ve always maintained it even through winter), but with no eta what else can we do? Should we purchase an in stock pump instead? What else should we be checking for winter storm damage?
Thank you! -Steph

Steph, if the Ecostar is going to drag-out for along time, then you might want to look at other temp options. You can only add liquid chlorine and hand stir for so long. Coincidentally, my motor stopped last night. A simple 2-speed. I called around and of all places I stumbled across PoolZoom.com. Guess where they are based? Here in S.A. I didn't realize that. They don't have in-person purchasing, but being local they can get something out to you quickly. They might turn you on to a simple pump that you can use for now and keep as a back-up when needed.

I placed my order this morning at 9:10 am and received an email about an hour later saying it was shipped. :)

Reactions: Momma2annababy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.