Pool Pump

Litlat

Gold Supporter
May 31, 2019
Orange, CA
As I write this it's 8:47am on Saturday morning. Our Pentair Pump died. It was installed in July of 2014, so I'm not going to complain too much.

Here's the problem. I need a pump now. We have a tropical storm headed our way (southern California) and we leave on vacation Tuesday for ten days. I reached out to Pool Equipment Co. for their Calimar pump. They are out of stock and do not know when they are getting anymore in. The new Pentair has stuff I don't need. Do they make a striped down version? I couldn't find one on their website. Any suggestions for a pump recommendation would be great. I've reached out to my normal pool supply guy hoping he'll check messages on a Saturday.

If all else fails, I saw a suggestion here to drop a circulating pump in the deep end and run the hose to the shallow end to circulate the water.
Thoughts?
Would this work for two weeks (today through the 31st)? I'll get a neighbor to add liquid chlorine and acid. Thanks everyone!

~Mike

If all else fails, I saw a suggestion here to drop a circulating pump in the deep end and run the hose to the shallow end to circulate the water.
Thoughts?
Unfortunate timing, but yeah, unless you get really lucky with a pump in the next 24-48 hrs, that's what I would do. Having the neighbor add chlorine is perfect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.