Was not able to find anyone in my area, who did that type work. So, I emailed and called the business that I posted the link for. After the phone conversation, and me telling him what I needed, he said he had never done a swimming pool before, but didn't see why it would not work. We set a date for next week, on Thursday, for him to come do it. He also asked me to send him pictures, which I did. I was excited, about getting the work done, and especially for $4000. Then today he texted me, and said after looking at the pictures, the crack was large, and the distance to the job was further than he had thought, and that his price was $6000-$7000.

I don't know what to think about him increasing the price from, $4000 to $6000-$7000. During our phone conversation he said he would drill holes every 4 feet and inject the foam. By him saying he would drill homes every 4 feet, I thought he would be going all over the pool, so i don't know why the size of the crack would make a difference.

Any repair process that does not include test borings to ensure the soil beneath The floor is structurally sound could be potentially a huge waste of money. Injecting foam on top of something that is still going to sink will not work.

The man
I've seen technology where they inject concrete and/or foam under sagging concrete slabs to fix the problem. it doesn't involve excavation. This technology might be able to be used to support the bottom of the pool without tearing it all out. just a thought.
The man who owns the company that injects concrete came to look at the pool yesterday. As it turns out, he is also a structural engineer. He took some pictures and was going back to his office and make a plan for the repair with his partner, then write up a proposal and send to me. He was telling me that are two different types of foam they could use, and he wanted to discuss with his partner the best type for my project. I am glad to be getting the advice of a licensed structural engineer about the best way to proceed with the repair.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
The man

The man who owns the company that injects concrete came to look at the pool yesterday. As it turns out, he is also a structural engineer. He took some pictures and was going back to his office and make a plan for the repair with his partner, then write up a proposal and send to me. He was telling me that are two different types of foam they could use, and he wanted to discuss with his partner the best type for my project. I am glad to be getting the advice of a licensed structural engineer about the best way to proceed with the repair.
The men at the poly foam company are very professional, easy to work with, and the quote was reasonable. There is no local company in my area that does this, and this company is making a 4 hour round trip for the job. The company is owned by a structural engineer. The plan is to bore holes in the pool floor, and get the entire bottom injected with poly foam.

So, the next item to repair would be the cracks. I have planned to make cuts on each side of the crack, 2 inches deep, and make a trough and fill it with a product called Pool Patch. The reason to cut out the crack is to increase the surface area for better adhesion of the Pool Patch. I am open to suggestions how to repair the cracks if anyone has a better idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.