Has anyone installed Stonetech Saltwater Stone Sealer?

Fasttimes7

Aug 22, 2023
Miami
We just had our travertine decking installed today and I need to seal it asap so they can continue working in the area. I'm leaning towards the Stonetech Saltwater sealer as this is a SWG pool but my question is will this sealer protect against other stains or is it only for saltwater from the pool? Should I apply this and another sealer on top for more protection?

I have used it - and also the Stonetech Enhancer Pro Sealer. Both were used on travertine - the Enhancer Pro used on our noche travertine coping and the Salt Water Sealer used on the light colored Country Blend travertine decking. Both seem to protect well against tree leaf stains, bird poop stains, etc. Have not spilled food or wine yet.

We wanted the noche coping to be darker/richer so that is why we chose the Enhancer Pro for it. The Country Blend we did not want to change the appearance at all - so went with the Salt Water sealer.

The SW sealer was harder to install vs the Enhancer Pro. Water based vs solvent based. Read the instructions closely - and make sure to not let it puddle and dry on top of the stone. Any excess that does not penetrate is supposed to be wiped off - otherwise they say you will need to "mechanically" remove the sealer from the surface.

Here are a couple pictures of the deck and coping. The blue on some of the travertine is painters tape that were marking tiles to be replaced under warranty during the first year.

PXL_20230712_155404027.jpgPXL_20230727_211835665.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
I have used it - and also the Stonetech Enhancer Pro Sealer. Both were used on travertine - the Enhancer Pro used on our noche travertine coping and the Salt Water Sealer used on the light colored Country Blend travertine decking. Both seem to protect well against tree leaf stains, bird poop stains, etc. Have not spilled food or wine yet.

We wanted the noche coping to be darker/richer so that is why we chose the Enhancer Pro for it. The Country Blend we did not want to change the appearance at all - so went with the Salt Water sealer.

The SW sealer was harder to install vs the Enhancer Pro. Water based vs solvent based. Read the instructions closely - and make sure to not let it puddle and dry on top of the stone. Any excess that does not penetrate is supposed to be wiped off - otherwise they say you will need to "mechanically" remove the sealer from the surface.

Here are a couple pictures of the deck and coping. The blue on some of the travertine is painters tape that were marking tiles to be replaced under warranty during the first year.
Thanks, your decking looks great! We had some bad luck with local supplies of travertine. We ended up with ivory, but that wasn't really my choice. I wanted walnut, in French cut, and just couldn't source it. Supplies were tight down here and I was quoted 14-18 week delays to get walnut or French cut anything, so Ivory in 12 x 24 is what I had to settle on.

It's pretty warm here in South Florida so I'm imaging it'll dry quick and I'll have to act fast. Figure a short-nap roller and a bunch of rags and try to get to it in the next couple days before it gets dirty.

For complete clarity, leaves as they fall now, as they sit there, they will leave their tanin marks/outlines on the travertine, but normal rain takes it right off. Your plan for install sounds good. The rags will get sticky/gunky pretty quickly. So have plenty.

The SW sealer should be thin enough to use a sprayer, and spread with a roller. Let me know how it goes as I might do that way next time. It is milky white, and be sure to shake the bottle well before pouring into the sprayer and likely shake the sprayer during use also.

-Tom

The SW sealer should be thin enough to use a sprayer, and spread with a roller. Let me know how it goes as I might do that way next time. It is milky white, and be sure to shake the bottle well before pouring into the sprayer and likely shake the sprayer during use also.

-Tom
I ended up rolling it since I was too lazy to clean out my pump sprayer.

Question, it says 72hrs to cure, but does that mean you can't walk on it for 72 hours? It's very sunny and warm down here, hoping it dries it even faster. There is a chance of rain at the tail end of my 72 hour window. I'm hoping it doesn't screw things up.

It's more work, but using a brush will usually give the best results because you can work it in.

Follow manufacturer's instructions for drying/curing and when traffic is allowed.

Humidity is often an important factor in curing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.