Frozen Pool Pics 🥶

Not quite the sort of pics you were likely looking for, but here ya go!

Leaving water in isn't an option up here. See forecast pic. And we've had 10 days below -30ºC already.

No pics of the inside. Only 4-6" of water left in it.

Andrew

Attachments

• 20210115_170750.jpg
    20210115_170750.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 20210115_170817.jpg
    20210115_170817.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
@Jimrahbe New install this winter. The skimmer and returns have been plugged and sealed since I filled it up. Equipment never has been turned on and pipes are dry. I did pour some rv antifreeze in the skimmer and left another half full bottle floating in there.

Reactions: Jimrahbe and Leebo
Mine is starting to get a very thin layer of ice on the surface by the skimmer. Anything I need to worry about?

IMG_7119.jpg

1st prize goes to the first pic of someone in the pool! Come on all you Polar Bears, show us what you're made of!!

On a serious note, let's send out all the warm karma we can to our pool brothers and sisters who are facing this crazy challenge. I hope you and your pools all survive with no [ch]ill effects!

I will go take a better one in a little bit but here is a sneak peak lol. I took this pic a few days ago to send to my friend in south Louisiana and tried to make the snow the focal point and not the pool. It’s still frozen solid so I’ll get a much better pic later! 🥶
EDIT: Pool is fully “closed” but I do not use a cover.
64E63CAD-6595-4108-9841-08DFDF20DDFF.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is a 20x40 pool out there somewhere. There is over foot and half of snow on the deck, and I will guess that the ice is at least 12" thick.
It looks like the pool is low on water, but its an allusion as snow is so deep and its drifted up against the insides.pool.jpg

1st prize goes to the first pic of someone in the pool! Come on all you Polar Bears, show us what you're made of!!

On a serious note, let's send out all the warm karma we can to our pool brothers and sisters who are facing this crazy challenge. I hope you and your pools all survive with no [ch]ill effects!
Or ice skating in the pool ( I am not responsible if you actually try this and drown :) ) but have your spouse start recording after " hold my beer and watch this"

Or ice skating in the pool ( I am not responsible if you actually try this and drown :) ) but have your spouse start recording after " hold my beer and watch this"
My husband walked across our pool yesterday when he accidentally threw the dog’s ball in it LOL!! Thankfully it held up fine but I told him not to do that ever again hahaha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.