xkissmekatex

Jul 25, 2021
Saint George Utah
Equipment-Hayward
1.85 THP Variable Speed Pump
OmniLogic automation
All installed spring 2020 by previous owner/ builder.

Under “Select device” I see:
MSP. HUA 00-4c-07-f4-a6 version R3.2.0
MP 01-47-07-f3-f8 version R 3.0.0

MSP id 85587 (not sure what this means)

Problem:
CommLoss 10-01-14-15-1d VSP
My pump is no longer working or connecting to the logic board. The screen on my pump is dark so I can’t even turn it on manually to run. The heater is also not working. Screen is dark indicating no power I assume. There is power to the OmniLogic board so I don’t “think” it’s a power issue?
I don’t know the configuration password under the wizard section since I am not the first owner and the previous is unreachable.

How this happened:
Omni controller lost connection to router so I turned off my system at the Omni logic box restarted it and now have this communication error and my pump will not work. Terrific. Now 2 problems.

What I have done:
Sat on hold with Hayward for 1hr 50min and then they disconnected me. Never even was able to talk to someone.
My pool cleaner is not tech savvy and everyone in town uses Pentair (I did not build or buy pool, bought home with an existing system). So I am at a loss.
I have reset all the breakers in case I tripped some switch. Nothing. The system just rebooted itself.

I would appreciate any suggestions!

thank you
Katie

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

@PoolBrews knows his way around the Omni system and may be of help.

Without the Config password you may be limited in what you can do on the system. Try this....

If you are really stuck I would disconnect the pump and heater from Omni control and put them back in local control and them at least you can run your pool manually. This will take some wiring changes. Let me know if you want to discuss what is involved.

Reactions: xkissmekatex
Thank you for the video! I now have a password. Still need help getting the VSP to communicate with the HUA (Hayward unique address). With the password I was able to reconfigure my network so my phone app works. HaD I done this yesterday I wouldn’t be in this pump problem now. Sigh.

Great! Good progress.

1.85 THP Variable Speed Pump does not tell me exactly what model pump you have. Tristar? EcoStar?

Last edited:
I came across this that may help you get connected with your pump...

Omni/VS Pump HUA information
We have seen some instances where the HUA from a Gen 3 VS pump was not visible to the Omni control.

These instances have occurred after:
• A power brownout
or
• The pump was installed with incorrect dipswitch position and the dipswitch was moved while power to the pump was still on.

Once Power was restored, or the pump powered down and back up the HUA would not populate into the control.

Solution
We have found that power needs to be turned off to the pump for a MINIMUM of 5 minutes and as much as 15 minutes to allow the drive to reset. Once power is restored the HUA was visible to the Omni and the pump worked normally.

Hey, had an issue getting my tristar VPS to register its address with the controller. Are you trying a three or four wire hookup. It shows three in both the pump and omni manual, but that is totally wrong. You want to run it with the same wire pinout as it was to the origional controller. This haunted me for over a week!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.