Gold Supporter
May 24, 2014
kennewick wa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello all! Here in Eastern WA we hit 118 yesterday. WOW.

The PB finished up installing the remainder of my equipment on the pool build from last year. Got everything up and running and the Pentair phone app working also.

My issue is I can not get the SWG percentage changed from the app and it will not let me change it manually on the Pentair IC40. I set the IntelliChlor to 10% on the phone app but the SWG will not change from full output. All percentage lights on the SWG are green.

I have not tried resetting or shutting off the SWG I wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Thank you and always good to hear from the group

M,

Do you have an internal power center for the SWCG or an external power center.??

Either way the IntelliCenter's com port needs to be connected to the SWCG's power center.. It comes that way with the internal power center, but you have to run your own cable with an external power center..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you. Yes the cable is run from the intellichlor module to the IntelliCenter hub. Everything else is working. The only issue is when i change the % on the app it doesn’t change it on the SWG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
M,

We don't recommend the IntelliChem system here at TFP, so I am not too familiar with it.. That said, my understanding is that the IntelliChem takes control over the IC40.. If the ORP is in range, why would it tell the IC40 to make more chlorine???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Looks like it takes over the SWG output. If I had done more homework I would have realize that. I will keep an eye out and continue testing to make sure the system is performing as expected.

@Jimrahbe
Sorry... Yea, I'm using REM Chem for sensor and chemical control. REM Chem is somewhat similar to IntelliChem in some respects. But its different enough, that I should not attempt to give any advice on the IntelliChem system.
Thanks...
r..

Reactions: Charelston40
Hello All!

Still playing with my new equipment including the IntelliCenter and Intellichlor. The issue i am having is the ORP is set at 700. When the ORP is in the 650 + range and when i test for free chlorine using the Taylor K-2006 kit it is reading 16PPM. I have repeated the test several times. This is very high from what i was keeping it at. Normally I have it FC range in the 5ish range but it has been bouncing around. The probes for PH and ORP are brand new. I did not verify calibration but the PH is matching up with the Taylor test kit at 7.4 - 7.6. I have been logging in Pool Math and documenting changes that have been made to the pool equipment and chemicals i have added.

Looking at the info about ORP and FC there is a great deal of chemistry going on for me but 16 FC seems excessive. I turned off the SWG and will let the FC come down. There is very little or no combined chlorine. The pool is sparkling clean and water crystal clear.

I have read some of the threads on ORP but did not answer my issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

FC - 16
CC - .5
PH - 7.6
TA - 90
Salt - 3500
CY - 80

Thank you
Michael

Please put Intellichem in your profile so we know what you are discussing. IntelliChlor does not use ORP. It is the IntelliChem control of the IntelliChlor system that uses ORP to automatically set the SWG %.

You are finding out why folks disassociate their IntelliChlor from their IntelliChem and manually set the SWG %. Read Pentair IntelliChem - Further Reading

Thanks AJ I added the IntelliChem to my signature block. Also, thanks for the link for additional info. Yep, I can see the issue. Looks like I have more homework. Appreciate the feedback! I should be able to get CEU's in chemistry for this effort :)

Thank you
Michael

Hello

I installed a IntelliChem this year and have the same issues described in an earlier posted on this issue. HanStb from Florida had provided a two step fix to control the SWG manually.

Step one: Set the ORP hardware setting in the Intelllichem configuration menu to NONE. (Important, must be done on the device)

DONE. I was able to do this step

Step two: Deselect the Intellichem from the ScreenLodgic configuration menu (page 3/5).

I could not get this done. The screen shot Jim posted is gone. And I can not find a page 3 of 5 on my system.

Would you please provide a little more detail or screenshot of what was changed.

This has been a pain for sure. I can see why some want to rip the system out. This is more trouble that it is worth. But for right now my IntelliChem is tied to my IntelliCenter. This is also controlling my heatpump, SWG and lights. So I am going to try this fix first.

Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.