Chemistry Tests Look Good...is a SLAM required?

Rackel

Aug 21, 2018
Medford, OR
We had our IG pool resurfaced in December and chemistry was balanced immediately after by our pool guy. I took over maintenance after a few weeks and was simply brushing, vacuuming, monitoring chlorine and pH levels until a couple of weeks ago.

We had zero CYA because of the new water, so I brought that up (it needs to be brought up more - test refill on order).

I added 121 fl. oz. of 6% bleach on 4/12, then today I added about 16 fl. oz. after testing (those results below). Also, pH seems to be drifting up fairly quickly, but I've been attributing that to the steady rain we've been getting and the fresh plaster. It tested at 7.7 on 4/12 and again today (also reflected below).

My question is: do I need to conduct a SLAM? With these results, the only reason it seems we should stay out of the water is the temperature...?

04-16-2019 @ 04:14 PM
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 2.5 (12 minutes ago)
CC: 0.0 (12 minutes ago)
pH: 7.7 (12 minutes ago)
TA: 80 (12 minutes ago)
CH: 275 (12 minutes ago)
CYA: 20 (13 days ago)
TEMPERATURE: 62° (12 minutes ago)
CSI: -0.12 (12 minutes ago)
==========================================

Side note: since the TFP site was updated this winter I've struggled to find the SLAM process description. I'm sure it's somewhere in plain sight, but I cannot, for the ever livin' life of me, seem to find it. :-| Any help pointing me in that direction would be greatly appreciated, along with help on the above.

Cheers~~

Cool! The water is really clear -- I could count the little notches in the drain covers if I wanted.

Is that unusual to not have to SLAM? I am new enough at this to feel wary of such luck. Maybe because we didn't truly "close" the pool?

Thanks so much for the links, too. I will sink my teeth in there.

Cool! The water is really clear -- I could count the little notches in the drain covers if I wanted.

Is that unusual to not have to SLAM?
Nope, the SLAM is generally for neglected pools that have allowed algae to take over. You have basically a new pool with new water and have been taking care of it from day 1.

Reactions: Rackel
Manohman, I love this! I'm so glad I found this forum last summer and am so thankful for the simple method and community support here.
Thanks!!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: Rackel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.