Chem check please

I would lower the pH just enough to get the CSI to 0.0.
🤦🏻‍♀️ The pH is a headache to me- I’ve been told it’s because it’s a salt generated pool and they always run higher on pH but as long as I keep the TA even it should be fine…. ? I’ll add some muratic acid tomorrow to try and get it down. Do you think the CYA is okay right now?

The pH is a headache to me- I’ve been told it’s because it’s a salt generated pool and they always run higher on pH
It doesn't run higher on pH (given all other factors are the same), it does require to add MA to maintain pH.
It depends on what you are comparing your chlorination method to.
In simple terms, If comparing to using Trichlor pucks - the pucks contain acid in addition to chlorine. So people using pucks may not add more liquid MA then what you are adding but in summary - they are adding the same amount of total acid to get to the desired pH.
People using Liquid Chlorine are very similar to people using SWCG. There is no acid in LC so you have to add liquid MA to maintain your pH. Same as what you are doing with your SWCG.
As you indicate, the goal is to maintain a TA that slows the rise of pH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.