Can’t get any free chlorine reading

Yes. Your target is 12. Every 2 hours you test and bring it back to 12. It may change from test to test so use that test to dose from, The 6 that it is now, (add 6) And the 8 it might be later. (Add 4).

Do the best you can between now and the weekend and plan on babysitting then (the best you can there too because it’s not like life stops on the weekend). Lol.
How do I know when I’m good and the Slam is finished?

Please read the process that Marty linked in full (several times)

The short answer is when you have clear water, And I mean invisible clear water, We will Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

An overnight loss of 1 or less and a CC of .5 or less will mean you are finished.

Please read the process that Marty linked in full (several times)

The short answer is when you have clear water, And I mean invisible clear water, We will Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

An overnight loss of 1 or less and a CC of .5 or less will mean you are finished.
I did read it several times. The water is very clear and the cc is 0.5. I knew about the overnight test, I just wasn’t sure when I perform the overnight test (I guess each night til it works?)

I just wasn’t sure when I perform the overnight test
Being clear puts you to the OCLT stage, but at the moment we know you’ll fail based upon the FC demand that you have. Once the FC holds, then you have a much better chance of passing the OCLT. Not quite there yet. :)

Reactions: Jennybird
It won’t change anytime soon. It degrades 4-5 ppm a month by itself and 1-2 % per inch of rain that you get. So it’s a slooooooow process.

Reactions: Jennybird

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, get your ladder out and cleaned. They are notorious for holding a few gallons of old water in the rails and it will keep festering until it’s out. Or if you have the wedding cake steps they will be full of old water due to poor circulation.

It was so exciting to actually see pink in the chlorine tube
Love. It. !!!!!! And it’s the *exact* reason I wrote that ridiculous over the top guide above. Every last newb that we see is so overwhelmed by the time they get here. They just don’t have the capacity or attitude to try something new, no matter how easy it is. And then the scary kit shows up with all these weird bottles and they are just too overwhelmed to try.

3-5 tests in it clicks and is FUN !! Imagine that. You’re seeing progress in the pool which greatly helps your mood about it and now you’re starting to see what the kit can do and how it will help you.

By the time we get to needing to test for TA which is a little more involved, You’ll be all Pfffffffft !!! 5 drops of this, 2 drops of that and count the 3rd bottle’s drops. Easy peasy.
(I may have gotten that backwards. It’s been a while since I lost my pool, but you get the point)

It never gets old watching somebody figure it out. The struggle is getting them to try. Once they do, They are all like
B6535885-0F01-461E-AEE2-D817D7B6FDE6.jpeg

Love. It. !!!!!! And it’s the *exact* reason I wrote that ridiculous over the top guide above. Every last newb that we see is so overwhelmed by the time they get here. They just don’t have the capacity or attitude to try something new, no matter how easy it is. And then the scary kit shows up with all these weird bottles and they are just too overwhelmed to try.

3-5 tests in it clicks and is FUN !! Imagine that. You’re seeing progress in the pool which greatly helps your mood about it and now you’re starting to see what the kit can do and how it will help you.

By the time we get to needing to test for TA which is a little more involved, You’ll be all Pfffffffft !!! 5 drops of this, 2 drops of that and count the 3rd bottle’s drops. Easy peasy.
(I may have gotten that backwards. It’s been a while since I lost my pool, but you get the point)

It never gets old watching somebody figure it out. The struggle is getting them to try. Once they do, They are all like
View attachment 359730
Exactly! Yay!! 🎉🎉🎉

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.