Jacquelyn1215

Jun 1, 2021
Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Well we broke ground just over a week ago. Had an unexpected hiccup with getting excavator access to our backyard (original post) but as everyone assured me, all things work out in the end. Fortunately we back up to a greenbelt and on the other side of the greenbelt is a road and long story short, we were able to work with our HOA and the city to allow us to bring the excavator through the greenbelt and up to our backyard. Worked out really well and the silver lining is that it was cheaper and we don't have a mess in our front yard. I was blown away by how quickly the excavation was completed, just took two days; expected more being in rocky Austin. Plumbing is nearly finished and electrical will start next week!

Attachments

• IMG_3673 2.JPG
    IMG_3673 2.JPG
    838.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3585 2.JPG
    IMG_3585 2.JPG
    555 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: TampaKathy
Note that your pool is missing safety caps on the rebar. It is a major safety hazard for anyone around the pool and an OSHA violation. If someone falls they can get seriously injured with the rebar stabbing them. This can be a liability for you and your PB.

orange-osha-rebar-caps.jpg

Reactions: Oswald and JamesW
Hey all, talked to the gunite crew today. We wanted them to start the week after Thanksgiving because we won't be available to hose it down like we're supposed to; he said it really didn't matter and that it would be okay. He said that with our current weather that isn't an issue to not spray it daily. Does this sound right? I've only heard that you should absolutely be spraying it daily so curious...

If you’re not going to be available to water it down you can set up a sprinkler in it on a timer to come on daily.

I’m not sure how critical it is though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well we waited until we were home to water the gunite which I'm glad we did for peace of mind. That was done on Monday and it's finally starting to look like a pool which is exciting! Now... to choose the finish. We have stonescapes mini pebble on our quote but am concerned about how rough it might be. BYOP rep suggested polish scapes. Any thoughts on either, and/or other product(s)?

Attachments

• IMG_4038.JPG
    IMG_4038.JPG
    672.9 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: TampaKathy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.