Board Repair

I took another look and saw that AUX2 is 120V and does not have a LOAD wire. That may have been the disconnected heater where the wire to it was disconnected.

I took another look and saw that AUX2 is 120V and does not have a LOAD wire. That may have been the disconnected heater where the wire to it was disconnected.
Aux 6 simply has 1 load out. I am wondering if someone took this off 3 and instead of capping just tucked it into 6.

I have wireless remotes something POD blue with dead rechargable battery but can not be opened unless you give up "waterproofing".
Is this what you have?

You can change out the batteries without compromising the seal. Just remove the 4 screws in the back. I have done this on mine. There is an o-ring between the two halves which provides the seal.

1702913518179.png

Reactions: mas985
Can you follow the conduits at the bottom of the panel back to equipment or do they disappear underground?

You can follow the wires from the relay to the conduit and then follow it to the device.

william.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can someone tell me what a Hayward W3T-TURBO CELL-15-SWP Turbo Cell is. Is it same as a Howard T cell 15?
Not exactly the same.

Haywards newer controllers do not allow for generic cells. The new Hayward T-15s have an extra set of pins that identify the cell as an OEM cell. The SWP version does not have the extra pins because that controller does allow for generic cells. I think the ProLogic may require the extra pins but I am not 100% certain. However, the AquaLogic does not require the special pins.

We had a discussion about this here:

This one also covers the issue:

Forgot to mention, I think there is a way to spoof the controller. You just need to connect the Orange and Yellow wires together.

Last edited:
Not exactly the same.

Haywards newer controllers do not allow for generic cells. The new Hayward T-15s have an extra set of pins that identify the cell as an OEM cell. The SWP version does not have the extra pins because that controller does allow for generic cells. I think the ProLogic may require the extra pins but I am not 100% certain. However, the AquaLogic does not require the special pins.

We had a discussion about this here:

This one also covers the issue:

Forgot to mention, I think there is a way to spoof the controller. You just need to connect the Orange and Yellow wires together.
This is interesting. Hayward security experts are pretty talented people.

Small issue related to a new breaker I put in. The back left of this breaker essentially is secured by a plastic tab that kind of grabs the left back and the right back is secured by the clip in the breaker. Well I do not know if I broke the little tab off or it was not previously there but now the breaker has some give to it that may be fixed when I put the metal front over it. But I was just wondering has anyone ever dealt with this and is there a jimmy rig. No pictures available tonight.

The correct part number is probably Siemens I0816ML1125CU, which should be on the part.

This looks like it would probably work.

It should be just 2 screws to remove the part.

As long as the screws are the same distance apart, it will probably work.

This comes with the metal box and you might be able to find the part without the box if you can find a part number on the part from the Hayward box or from the Siemens box.
1702945591553.png

Reactions: JamesW
This question specifically is about a pentair VSP that shows evidence of leaking per paint peeling but seems to function and sound good. The question is simply: "new pump vs putting in new seals?" It doesnt look hard to do and the pumps I am considering are well over a couple of thousand each so I am doubling checking on this question. Is repairing a 4 year old pump like doing a heart transplant in a 90 year old patient? How do I access the viability and longevity of my current pumps?

Sorry I must have forgotten you explained this. Its just one of the tabs (plastic) but I guess the whole thing must be replaced. It will be a
good experience for me. Appreciated.
I think I will take out my sub panel from my accessory panel that I have and transplant it into the main box. I can not think of why I need 8 more relays that that panel provides anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.