Board Repair

Ok so what exactly are you trying to do?

Don't forget you need to change the ID on both VS and XCODE.
I used my original id on the mac. it did not ask me for developer code
I did not change id on vs. Please give me direction on that. I thought that occurred latter on with that "HOT Run thing

I am really confused on what you are trying to do. So again, what EXACTLY are you trying to accomplish (end goal)?

Generally speaking, I am not a Mac user. I just want this on my ipad.
In VS under properties, the apple developer account is in my wifes name. Not mine. The apple developer account I just bought is under my name. I do not know if I have to have VS under my name. It seems to be adopting the name of whose computer it is ...ie my wifes.

Ok, so the first thing you need to do is to remove the app that is already on the iPad. I don't think it will allow you to install over it again. That may be why you were getting the message about invalid device.

Next, you need to replace the previous ID used in Hot Restart with the new developer ID.

Automatic provisioning is now required with a Apple approved developer ID.

You can now follow these instructions:

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Holly cow! This id stuff is not good for heart burn
just looking for my private key path now
So for the most part I set up my id stuff. but

I cant figure out the private key path
I have my name
issuer id
key id
but private key path does not bring me to anything that goes in field

1705787619879.png

Last edited:
done on iphone and Ipad. But devices accepted this download through the mac sharing with devices connected to mac. Again thank you for you expertise and patience.
Bill
PS getting the certificates to work was a bear!

Very smart. All the issues I had were outside your app per se! It was nice having a personal trainor.
Interestingly I have to keep my phone on developer mode to use
but thats fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.