Are these bubbles "normal" or at least acceptable?

It's ok. You are sucking in a bit of air but everything is not perfect. If it does not grow into a big air bubble in the pump then you are ok.

Are you saying the pump basket should be 100% air free when running? Is there a certain amount of time this should take? I think mine will eventually get all of the air out, but it seems when it first starts there's some residual air pockets up in the lid area for a while. Not sure how long after running these go away, or should go away? Not small bubbles like in the OP, though, more like a couple trapped air pockets in the domed lid.IMG_1990_LI.jpg

Reactions: tmking86
Small amount of bubbles is likely from a gasket that is a little dirty. You can take the top off, of course with it off, clean the gasket around the lip and add a small amount of food grade silicone grease on the gasket and your bubbles will be gone. Of course as Ling as your not getting air somewhere else. But most likely that’s the issue.

Small amount of bubbles is likely from a gasket that is a little dirty. You can take the top off, of course with it off, clean the gasket around the lip and add a small amount of food grade silicone grease on the gasket and your bubbles will be gone. Of course as Ling as your not getting air somewhere else. But most likely that’s the issue.
Since this is a new pump, I don’t think it’s due to a dirty gasket. We will give the grease a try. Thank you!

Reactions: vbertone
Since this is a new pump, I don’t think it’s due to a dirty gasket. We will give the grease a try. Thank you!
You would be surprised how a little small piece of anything can allow a little air to come through. It’s not the end of the world though if a little air is in it. As long as the pump gets the water it needs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.