Pump is noisy

w8185303029

Apr 2, 2024
San Jose
Hi guys, I need your help. My pool cleaners did something to the equipment, and it started acting differently, trying to figure it out. First of all, bubbles appeared from the pool jets. We changed the speed of the cleaner and pump, and it helped a bit, but there are still some strange pipe contractions and noises. It looks like there's air in the filter. Any thoughts on what it might be?

Video :
Noisy equipment and air. Hayward

Hi guys, I need your help. My pool cleaners did something to the equipment, and it started acting differently, trying to figure it out. First of all, bubbles appeared from the pool jets. We changed the speed of the cleaner and pump, and it helped a bit, but there are still some strange pipe contractions and noises. It looks like there's air in the filter. Any thoughts on what it might be?

Video :
Noisy equipment and air. Hayward
From the video, the sound seems normal for a pump on high-speed, even a VSP. Don't see any air in the pot, so what is being released may be residual from when the system shut off. If it continues, there is a suction leak somewhere in front of the pump (union, valve, etc.) or the pump-lid O ring needs lube.
As they get older, virtually all pools will allow some air to enter the system when it is shut off.

Reactions: w8185303029