Air Lock on filter when backwashing

amunn83

Jun 15, 2022
Bartlesville, OK
I am new to this forum but I am having a weird issue that I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. We have a retaining wall that holds up our back yard and it was a railroad tie retaining wall, we had it replaced with blocks. When the contractors did that, they ran a PVC pipe the whole length of our retaining wall so that it can dump into a drain in the back of our house and connected it to our pool pump backwash as previously it was just backwashing into our yard. Ever since they did that, my pool pump is getting air locked when I do a back wash. I had someone install a vent line on it and that resolved the problem with the pump but now water comes out the vent line instead of going down the drain line, so defeats the whole purpose of them running the drain line.

Welcome toTFP! :wave:

Is the vent line above the highest part of the entire drain line?
If so, there may be a blockage downstream.

Post a few pics showing the drain line and vent.

Hope to see you stick around.
Suggest you have a look thru Pool Care Basics

I agree,

There is no "air lock"

Whatever they did was not correct, and the line is now clogged or capped off.

Pics will let us give you some better advice on how to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.