AGP getting built

My builder told me to put a sprinkler in my pool for the night so he could have damp sand to work with when he came to smooth it so you are good! It is easier work/smooth damp sand than dry as it will keep the shape better.

Right. At the beach, walk on dry sand. You make foot prints everywhere, you sink in, it's actually a good workout. Now go down to where the waves/ocean is coming in. The same is wet, perfectly smooth and you can stand on the surface and not sink in at all. Maybe a tiny bit but nothing like when the sand is dry. It's all good.

Ok thanks. I went and hired someone who I'm not very happy with, very slow worker, amongst other annoying things. But all in all I just want it done right. Now there is some extra metal ...the metal that holds the liner down under theach rails....there is about 6" overlap so he has to come back with a hacksaw and cut it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I do see it..........what I would do is have him take all of the top parts off and look to make sure the rest of the liner holding rails are even all the around the pool. I am thinking it needs to be adjusted.

I am talking about where the liner covers the hole where the skimmer (square or rectangle shape) goes and the hole where the return (circle) goes. These should not be cut until the water is just under the lower one which should be the return (circle).

I am glad you found one that will come over and pick up the pieces!

Now when it gets done let me know so we can get you set up to take good care of it so you will not have to buy overpriced stuff from the pool store! Here is a link to what we use in our pools. You don't even have to buy all of it. In fact the only two things I buy is chlorine and muratic acid! Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

The pro leveled it with a laser, repacked the sand, made sure screws are all in, layed liner..he actually used a vaccuum to make the liner smooth all around. Now it is filling with water. I tried uploading new pics again, but it says quota exceeded.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.