AGP getting built

Junesb

Aug 18, 2018
Glassboro NJ
They leveled ground, added sand, leveled sand and posts and wall is up. It rained last night so now sand is wet. Is this a problem now and do we need to let it dry?

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
My builder told me to put a sprinkler in my pool for the night so he could have damp sand to work with when he came to smooth it so you are good! It is easier work/smooth damp sand than dry as it will keep the shape better.

doogiegh

Jun 11, 2018
NJ
Right. At the beach, walk on dry sand. You make foot prints everywhere, you sink in, it's actually a good workout. Now go down to where the waves/ocean is coming in. The same is wet, perfectly smooth and you can stand on the surface and not sink in at all. Maybe a tiny bit but nothing like when the sand is dry. It's all good.

Junesb

Aug 18, 2018
Glassboro NJ
Ok thanks. I went and hired someone who I'm not very happy with, very slow worker, amongst other annoying things. But all in all I just want it done right. Now there is some extra metal ...the metal that holds the liner down under theach rails....there is about 6" overlap so he has to come back with a hacksaw and cut it.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
WHAT? Is this part of the kit? It should already be "cut" to size. Please make sure he installed it correctly. You can take and share a pic here so we can look it over before he starts cutting stuff.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I do see it..........what I would do is have him take all of the top parts off and look to make sure the rest of the liner holding rails are even all the around the pool. I am thinking it needs to be adjusted.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
SWEET! Please tell me he has not cut the liner yet!!! The skimmer and return part of the liner is not to be cut until the water is right under the return area.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I am talking about where the liner covers the hole where the skimmer (square or rectangle shape) goes and the hole where the return (circle) goes. These should not be cut until the water is just under the lower one which should be the return (circle).

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I am glad you found one that will come over and pick up the pieces!

Now when it gets done let me know so we can get you set up to take good care of it so you will not have to buy overpriced stuff from the pool store! Here is a link to what we use in our pools. You don't even have to buy all of it. In fact the only two things I buy is chlorine and muratic acid! Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Junesb

Aug 18, 2018
Glassboro NJ
The pro leveled it with a laser, repacked the sand, made sure screws are all in, layed liner..he actually used a vaccuum to make the liner smooth all around. Now it is filling with water. I tried uploading new pics again, but it says quota exceeded.