2019 Bleach Prices

Here in CT, went to Ocean State Job Lot, they have had pool shock before but never had a date I could discern on the bottle or box, so that always worried me. Well today, I guess they have a new supplier now, $12 for a box of 4 12.5% super shock with a date code of 19-151!! Can't get much fresher than that, but 3 cases, score!

I bought 12 cases when Menard's had their BOGO offer. Unfortunately, with the way the weather has been going, that will probably turn out to be more than enough for the entire year. I've used 4 bottles so far, 2 of which were left over from last year.

Allied Pool and Spa in West Allis, WI (near Milwaukee) has 4-pk 128oz 12.5% Liquid chlorine labeled as pool shock for $14.50. Works out to $0.227/oz. They go through a lot of it so it seems pretty fresh.

Aside from the concern about the bleach being "old" my local Home Depot has a three pack at 10% that's a pretty good deal.
128 oz. 3-pack for $9.98. If you buy four or more it's $8.98.

Model # 30128HDX Internet #303115700 Store SKU #1002762476
View attachment 95315
The last two weekends I've gone and purchased four boxes of exactly this product at our local Home Depot (suburban New Orleans). I've always been able to find dates no more than three weeks old ... and the most recent batch I bought were all dated "19 169" -- that's last Tuesday, June 18th.

HD does have some old, beat-up looking boxes dated "18 339" (11/29/2018) that no one ever touches. Guess we've got some other TFPers in town :D

Reactions: jasonwbaggett

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For those that have an Atwood's near you, they have the 1 gal 10% chlorine on sale for $1.69 gallon. Not sure how long this sale will go, but that's a pretty good deal. When we left today, there was about 1/2 a pallet left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grnctrtl
For those that have an Atwood's near you, they have the 1 gal 10% chlorine on sale for $1.69 gallon. Not sure how long this sale will go, but that's a pretty good deal. When we left today, there was about 1/2 a pallet left.

Awesome!! I have to go by an Atwoods this weekend, I will be swinging by to pic up a couple of cases! Thanks for the heads up.

If you live in DFW near the Atwood’s in Lake Worth, they are fresh out. Super bummed here.
I was afraid they might be out, that's why I bought so much. I imagine other people had the same thoughts, especially with folks reporting that Wally World stock seems low/non existent in some areas.

We've been getting ours from a local pool supply store (Smith's Pools). The sell in 2-1/2 gal yellow jugs. $7.48 after sales tax, which is $3/gal. The jugs say 10%. I'm planning to test.
These jugs don't have a date on them, so I think they buy in bulk and fill the jugs themselves. I've seen them store these jugs outside the front of their store. Next time I go in I'm going to have to challenge them on storage and dates. I have a feeling they will say that the yellow jugs protect the product from sunlight??

Picked up 4 cases 10% at HD yesterday, date 19-242, not too bad, still $3/g. Went 2 days with clogged stenner tubing, hopefully won't need to shock. That chlorine does a job on that 1/4" tubing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.