2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

been working on retaining wall benching after work for a couple hours each night. Lots of work shimming joists as the big blocks are dimensionally all over the place.

Wish I could find this square lattice in the "privacy" version here in the Toronto area. Don't love the big gaps between slats.

Attachments

• 20180627_112532.jpg
    20180627_112532.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 20180627_112215.jpg
    20180627_112215.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 169

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
been working on retaining wall benching after work for a couple hours each night. Lots of work shimming joists as the big blocks are dimensionally all over the place.

Wish I could find this square lattice in the "privacy" version here in the Toronto area. Don't love the big gaps between slats.

Wow, smart idea. Perhaps paint/cloth/something dark/black the block then apply the privacy screen?

I wish I was as handy as you Chris.

How pretty! I say let the wood go natural and it will gray out over time and the stone and wood will match after a while!

Kim:kim:

this is something I've considered but I do like that warm look next to a not so warm looking concrete.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, smart idea. Perhaps paint/cloth/something dark/black the block then apply the privacy screen?

I wish I was as handy as you Chris.

Thanks buddy. I have used coroplast behind lattice before. That is an option. Finding it in colors other than natural and white, not so easy.

Another part of the project behind me. When this is all over, I may get a couple large planter boxes to break up the size of this seating area.
Last pics shows the river rock. Weeping tile is under that. All rain will drain towards those areas and away from the wall.

Next up, trench for sprinklers, gonna rototill the entire grass area, grade and sod.

Attachments

• 20180628_174332.jpg
    20180628_174332.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 20180628_173324.jpg
    20180628_173324.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 20180628_173844.jpg
    20180628_173844.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 139
Instead of planter boxes, please consider using some shallow round and a few occasional taller ceramic planters and plant flowers and greens so that some will stand up, some will drape and place them in small groupings along the long benches. Random groups of 3 sized pots would look nice. The roundness of them will break up the squareness of the bench, fence line, etc.

Just a suggestion :)

Maddie :flower:

Instead of planter boxes, please consider using some shallow round and a few occasional taller ceramic planters and plant flowers and greens so that some will stand up, some will drape and place them in small groupings along the long benches. Random groups of 3 sized pots would look nice. The roundness of them will break up the squareness of the bench, fence line, etc.

Just a suggestion :)

Maddie :flower:

I love the big round ceramic pots. So expensive though. I love that tall ornamental grass.. Kinda sways in the wind. You make some good suggestions, thanks.

Chris! That looks GREAT! Such a finished look!

As for the plants..............do what Maddie says............me? I kill a plant as soon as I look at it :roll: Now give my a dog or cat and I can keep them alive LOL

Kim:kim:

if and when I do put plants there, they will have automated dippers hooked into my irrigation system.. Otherwise, they would die too.

I gotta say, the single, most worthwhile upgrade I did to the pool was the Auto fill / Auto overflow. It sure is nice that the water level always stays +/- 1" without me having to do a thing.

Cool night shot. Those deck stair lights, light up the whole pool deck. lol

Attachments

• 20180628_220221.jpg
    20180628_220221.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 129

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.