We have a hole in the ground! New O/B in Queen Creek, AZ

You KNOW I am going to love the BLING tile! SO pretty! I really like the dimond look on the benches and steps with those. Make sure they use the plaster to fill in between them instead of grout. It will look so much better.

Now for your water line tile. I don't know about prices but I LOVE these: Oceans | National Pool Tile Group The top and middle sets are my favs. Just know you will want to dig through the boxes to pick out any that are "ugly" LOL they will all be different.

Kim:kim:

You KNOW I am going to love the BLING tile! SO pretty! I really like the diamond look on the benches and steps with those. Make sure they use the plaster to fill in between them instead of grout. It will look so much better.

Now for your water line tile. I don't know about prices but I LOVE these: Oceans | National Pool Tile Group The top and middle sets are my favs. Just know you will want to dig through the boxes to pick out any that are "ugly" LOL they will all be different.

Kim:kim:

Haha, I actually pointed those exact tiles out and my wife wasn't interested. I'm going to have to do some searching for examples of people with various waterline tile to show her. She'll come around...maybe.

Your equipment is installed so your filter gauge can be used to monitor the pressure

It seems so obvious now that you say it. DUH!

Plumbing is done and under pressure. Hoping it holds and we don't have to chase any leaks.

2se1HxL.jpg

And the booster pump line is pressurized as well
uswJNoN.jpg

Electrical is nearly done. They didn't have any 40 amp breakers with them, so they'll put that in when they come back to pull the GloBrite after pebble is done.

pnx8nyt.jpg

Pre-gunite inspection is scheduled for tomorrow. Fingers crossed! The shotcrete sub came out today to look things over and was happy with what he saw. They are going to try to get me on the schedule this week. If they can't, the holidays are going to get in the way and slow everything down. I'm hoping to start "bonding" with my pool by the weekend.

I plan to go through and check all of the wire on the rebar to make sure it's not sticking up and won't give me rust issues down the road. I'm also going to check for 3" clearance in any spots that look tight and clean up the dirt in those areas as necessary. If anybody sees anything suspect, please let me know before it's too late to fix it right. Thanks.

kkg4MAR.jpg

OwUyXBu.jpg

yBfzeKP.jpg

You might notice that due to the placement of the skimmer above the bench, we couldn't use the venturi function. Bad planning on my part, but I didn't want to move it elsewhere due to prevailing winds around here. Oh well.

Seeing how close your house and patio are to the pool, It would be highly advisable to cover it up in plastic to avoid any splatter during install. I know the guys will do their best to cover things up, but we’ve had a few people here in AZ get shotcrete on their houses and windows.

Great idea. I still have all the plastic sheeting I used to cover the pool walls during the rain a week or so ago. I will try to put it up on the house to keep things clean. I've seen those posts and heard stories from some people I work with who had lots of splatter on their houses.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pressure has already dropped a couple of PSI, which I expected with the big temp swings this time of year. It’s nice that I have two separately pressurized systems to look at. They’re behaving very similarly so far.

It does look like theres room for the venturi, but it’s deceptive in that picture. It really won’t fit. I may have them shoot some extra shotcrete on that bench anyway. I planned it at 21” deep, but that’s probably too shallow for a swim out and too deep for a comfortable seating area. I was pretty excited about the Venturi skimmer, but I’ll get over it.

I plan to be there, but you never know what will happen with work schedules and life. I'm still waiting on the shotcrete sub to get me on the schedule. They had planned on Thursday or Friday, but one of their guys had a baby yesterday and, understandably, won't be available this week. I'm hoping for good news on the scheduling front soon. The holidays could throw a wrench in things.

Time for what will probably be another dumb question. I was looking over the wiring for my lighting and am a little confused as to how it was done. Granted, the electrician needs to come back out after shotcrete and pull the GloBrite, but the IntelliBrite wiring has me baffled. The pool and spa IntelliBrites are wired into the ET8 and wired directly to aux5 and aux4 respectively. The power TO the transformer is wired to Load 2 on aux3. Line 2 on aux3 is then wired to Line 2 on aux4 and there is a jumper to Line 1 on aux5. Load 2 on aux 4 is the spa light. Load 2 on aux5 is the pool light. There is nothing connected to the load wires from the transformer itself. They are just capped off.

So, from what I can tell, right now the transformer is to receive power directly from the aux3 relay. The lights are wired to receive power directly from the aux4 and aux5 relays. The load side of the transormer is wired to nothing, however the conduit for the GloBrite was run to the load side of the transformer box, so I think they will be wiring that directly to the transformer. If any of what I wrote is decipherable, does the wiring make sense? Is it normal to wire things this way temporarily, then fix it all when the GloBrite gets pulled? Here's a photo with the aux relay numbers labeled (also kind of a random layout). Let me know what I'm missing.

Xzc7E3A.jpg

A4zTqwN.jpg

I am not a fan of your electrician... Pentair puts a relay identification label on the inside of the door, so that the next guy to look at the wiring has a clue what he is looking at. Your guy did not follow the diagram, as far as I can tell.. Maybe he is just not done yet.

The SWCG power supply transformer MUST be wired through the pump filter relay, which appears not to be used.. :confused:

"Assuming" the relays are connected in the proper order, the relay that you have labeled as Aux 3 is really Aux 2.. The top row should be Pump/Filter relay, Aux 1, Aux 2, and Aux 3.. The second row is Aux 4, Aux 5, Aux 6, and then Aux 7..

It is hard to tell in the pic, but I assume you think the relay with the words "transformer" is the relay for your light transformer, but I believe your "electrician???" is using that relay as the Pump/filter relay and the yellow and white wires attached to that relay really go to the SWCG transformer...

Of course I could be full of it, because the ET is not at all wired per the label on the door. This does not mean it will not work, it just means that other than your electrician, no one else will know what is what. Not what I consider a professional job.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’m pretty confused by his wiring as well. I traced all the relays back to the labeled inputs on the board and it was a total mess. Everything was out of order. I could easily swap all of the relays at the board so they are in the “right” order, but I’m afraid I’ll end up frying something. I have a basic understanding of electricity, but not much beyond that.

I will probably at least swap the empty aux relays around so they are in order, but not sure I want to screw with the pump wiring. I can probably figure it out if I take my time and follow the diagram on the ET door panel. This all probably would have been easier if I had just been the one to wire it from the start, instead of having to fix somebody else’s errors.

I kind of figured the ET would have the relays connected to the board out of the box. Is that not the case? I’ll contact the electrician tomorrow and see what happens. I need to pull up some references in the manuals of how things are wired incorrectly so they don’t think I’m just some moron with no leg to stand on. This electrical sub does the electric for two of the largest PB’s in the valley. I’m surprised by the job they did.

Maybe I was on crack when I looked at this thing today and it’s not as bad as it seems, but I traced wires multiple times and came up with the same confusing conclusions.

Another question about this: Does the pool/spa rebar just need to be bonded to the equipment, or is that bonding wire also supposed to be grounded somewhere? I expected everything to be bonded and then earthed. Maybe there are code differences on this in different areas.

Thanks for the help. Let’s hope the electrician will take care of all of this so I don’t have to.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it’s a little unclear in the labeled picture above, but the wire I traced in yellow coming from the relay labeled “3” is the wire to the lighting transformer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.