My pool is open! ETA: HELP! what is on my walls?? Test results added

It is normal to lose chlorine. Typical pools lose 2 to 4 PPM every day that needs to be added back in

Well yeah I do know that but I was at 8.5 yesterday. My CYA is only 30 so I need more and it seems odd that it barely increased with around 1 lb added.

Well yeah I do know that but I was at 8.5 yesterday. My CYA is only 30 so I need more and it seems odd that it barely increased with around 1 lb added.
When did you add the CYA? It takes a few days for it to fully disperse in the water and show up in testing (my personal experience, with a tiny pool!)

I would say continue keeping the FC up until there is "no loss"

When did you add the CYA? It takes a few days for it to fully disperse in the water and show up in testing (my personal experience, with a tiny pool!)

I would say continue keeping the FC up until there is "no loss"

2 days ago. Maybe wait until tomorrow?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

PoolMath!!!! :whip:

1 pound of stabilizer in a 13500 gallon pool (your sig say 12k-15k what is it really???) would add 8.9ppm of CYA ... that is not likely distinguishable on your test.

PoolMath!!!! :whip:

1 pound of stabilizer in a 13500 gallon pool (your sig say 12k-15k what is it really???) would add 8.9ppm of CYA ... that is not likely distinguishable on your test.

I don’t know the exact volume of my pool.

Ok. I’ll add more...I’m scared, my pool was so high last year.

I don’t know the exact volume of my pool.
Get measurements of your pool, with help if needed (length, width, depth=shallow&deep) That will give you a closer estimate to your pool size =)

Ok. I’ll add more...I’m scared, my pool was so high last year.

You aren't using pucks/tabs/stabilized shock this year, You'll be fine!

Well, even without measuring, you should be able to narrow down the volume.
If you are using PoolMath to calculate your dosages, re test after 30-60 minutes and see if you are hitting your targets. If not, adjust the pool volumn until you do.

Hi, Em! Since you are going to need more CYA anyway once the SWG kicks in, I would go ahead and add more. Target 40 for your new level, then test again the next day. I think doing it in increments like this will keep you from showing a big increase all of a sudden.

Remember, you all were in the pool for a while too! That’s going to affect your chlorine loss as well.

Provide some dimensions: length, width, depths
Can you put a picture of the entire pool?

cb65246289467366d7666d159e6ad94f.jpg

and here is the thread with some other information and people that tried to help me.

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/134032-how-many-gallons

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.