Pool Still Green After Opening

So safe to say junk/wasted time and money? Sigh, figures. But I can't be mad as he was trying to do something nice for me.

Yeah, definitely not going to be full strength. It might not have even been 6% new. I know some dollar stores don't even list the percentage and they end up being less than 6%. I think the general consensus is be wary or stay away from dollar store bleach. Like you said though, it was a nice gesture, he didn't know.

No doubt kimkats!! STG is a FIGHTER! Basically, it's Personal NOW! lolol

way to go STG, clearing out shelves like a Professional!! hahahaha Oh I can see it now!!

STG! I really like your style! You are sticking to it and not letting ANYTHING get in your way!!! Once you get over this hump (or hill) it will be easier going!

We got ya! :hug:

Kim:kim:

- - - Updated - - -

I am crying from laughing and PRIDE. LOLOLOL

So I cleared out what was left on the store shelf which was 10 bottles! I hope like heckl that is enough. And yes, these were fresh!!! LOL Test will begin soon.

Now STG, Make sure you read the label and find the strength and adjust Pool Math if you need to.

Ok guys, it was 0.2 so I added 4 gallons (said almost 3 so I added an extra for good measure) and will retest in 30 min. And you guys are cracking me up! LOL Yeah, once I set my mind to something that's it. Also cleaned the skimmer basket one last time.

128 oz at 6%

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Worth the drive if you pick up 3-4 cases and it's fresh. Then you got some good stuff and it will last you for a good long while (once you are on cruise control). Call them and let me know how much they charge for the case, I have this handy excel spreadsheet that can slice and dice that up for you down to the cost per oz.

The closest one is like 30-40 min away. I'd have to price them to see if they would be worth the drive.

I'd be afraid of getting that much and it expires. LOL

So, final test..............13.4

Fingers crossed this holds!!!!!!!!!!

Worth the drive if you pick up 3-4 cases and it's fresh. Then you got some good stuff and it will last you for a good long while (once you are on cruise control). Call them and let me know how much they charge for the case, I have this handy excel spreadsheet that can slice and dice that up for you down to the cost per oz.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr............been pouring all night and still raining now. Go out and test in the rain only to find it's 8.2. I'm assuming that's not good. I just don't understand. The water is clear. I see no spots anywhere that look like algae. I could see if the water was murky/cloudy and/or there were visible algae spots but ugh, almost seems like a waste of time and money to keep going. Could something else be going on? I'm guessing I'll have to be doing this out in the rain all day?

Sorry, little grumpy today but I've already adjusted back and vacuumed the pool and brushed the sides again.......in the rain!

Also been through 5 of the jugs of bleach already (4 last night alone) and again worried the remaining 5 won't be enough for the day. And again I have no way of getting more cause I don't drive and hubby is at work. Couldn't have bought more yesterday if I wanted to because we took the rest the store had. Feel like I'm taking steps forward then leaps behind. SMH

Ok, just so that I can say I left no stone unturned, I went out and cleaned those dang cartidges anyway!! And they weren't even really dirty. Just a little bit and it didn't take much to spray them down to get what little junk was on them, off.

Soooooooooooo, so far today filters have been cleaned, pool vacuumed, walls and floors brushed, skimmer and filter baskets cleaned out..........now I guess we wait. Again. Next test won't be until around 9:30. I just don't get it. Chlorine is fresh. The test kit chemicals are not expired. *shrugs*

If it was last week then you are fine with that. I was thinking if you had not cleaned it in a long time............that could be where what ever it is would be hiding......this IS a mystery for sure!

Good morning SummerTimeGirl,

hmm, well. It's raining Boo! You're Grumpy Boo! Are yooouuu sure when you said you are Grumpy that you didn't really mean MADDER THAN A HORNET?

Are you a coffee drinker? I am. I love my brew to get everything woke up in my head. I have some ideas, right now I wanted to ask you to take a deep breath, think about last year/season, you had some troubles with the pool, this year you started off by putting some stuff in and pool went green right? If not I blame my mistakeness on no coffee onboard yet... and now, you are following TFP which is going to 100% exercise whatever has a grip on your pool.

Take a deep breath, relax, let me get my little princess ready and I will be back in about an hour..until then... R E L A X. Whatever this is, it will pass. ok?

You got this and we got you!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr............been pouring all night and still raining now. Go out and test in the rain only to find it's 8.2. I'm assuming that's not good. I just don't understand. The water is clear. I see no spots anywhere that look like algae. I could see if the water was murky/cloudy and/or there were visible algae spots but ugh, almost seems like a waste of time and money to keep going. Could something else be going on? I'm guessing I'll have to be doing this out in the rain all day?

Sorry, little grumpy today but I've already adjusted back and vacuumed the pool and brushed the sides again.......in the rain!

Also been through 5 of the jugs of bleach already (4 last night alone) and again worried the remaining 5 won't be enough for the day. And again I have no way of getting more cause I don't drive and hubby is at work. Couldn't have bought more yesterday if I wanted to because we took the rest the store had. Feel like I'm taking steps forward then leaps behind. SMH

I went back through the thread, the first "post test" addition of chlorine was 36 hours ago :laughblue:

Test and add every few hours, get in a brushing if the rain stops for 20 minutes. Also, standard reminder to remove any ladders, lights and check behind weir doors for stray algae.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.