Central CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
Could you put that much Salt in a normally chlorinated pool?

Would that affect anything adversely?

Wondering about the benifit of salt therapy lol

Salt levels over 4,000 - 5,000 ppm start being a lot more corrosive.

Just for your FYI information:
typical salinity for a SWG pool ~3400 ppm
typical salinity for your tears pool ~7000 pp,
typical salinity for the ocean ~34000 ppm

So the answer to your question is Yes, you could put enough salt in a pool to take it to 10,000 ppm. What kind of therapy are you trying to accomplish? just curious 🤔

I have some sort of chronic sinusitis, inflammation in the nose, leads to difficulty breathing, being on the ocean always helps, so I was wondering if I could create my own ocean lol

You certainly could but I doubt it is the water making you feel better. More likely the ocean air. It tends to be free of pollutants and allergens like pollen. If you do pop it up you won't be able to use a SWG until you lower it they shut off and won't produce if salt levels are too high.

The levels in a regular salt pool should be plenty for you. I kept mine at 3K ppm and my nose would run like a faucet after a half hour or so, having similar issues to you.

I actually don't have a salt water chlorine generator, I chlorinate with liquid chlorine, I could just put the salt. I put some salt in my pool previously

+1. Know where you are so you can know how much to add to be on target. Otherwise it’s just a guess. Having a SWG doesn’t matter. Many folks add salt to the water for the feel alone. :)

To get an inkling about your levels, you might get away with diluting the samples. Otherwise you'd probably get through a whole bottle of reagents just for one test. And once you are that high and don't have an SWG anyway, you probably don't need 200ppm resolution anymore.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And I'd suggest to always rinse off splash out with a garden hose straight away. My SWH runs around 4500ppm, no issues there. No experience above that. But mine is specified up to 8000ppm, so I'm sure there are pools around that go close to 10k.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.