New Salt water Pool - Questions

I am slightly concerned with the salt and calcium levels. Should I do anything?
I would lower the salt, not because it's harmful as Pentair's high limit is 4500, but because I don't want to taste it. At 3000 to 3200 it's barely there for us.

If your fill water softened ? If so then I wouldn't worry about the 625 CH unless it starts scaling. If you have hard fill water then it won't be long before you're draining fully so keep that in the back of your mind.

Updated signature. Here are my first readings.

Salt - 4200
Alkalinity - 130
Calcium - 625
CYA - 70
CC - 1
FC - 4
PH - 7.8
Only concerning thing might be your FC is on the low side. If it ends the day at 4ppm, then it’s ok but if it starts the day there you’re close to trouble.

Reactions: Newdude
Your CH level is very high for a new pool fill. Double check your test methods. Confirm that you are using a 10 mL sample with a 25x multiplier.

If you don't have a water softener, CH levels will rise quickly through evaporation. It would be a great benefit if you had the ability to top off with softened water.

Reactions: Newdude
It doesn’t look like I will be able to have this line run though the whole home softener without a ton of work.

Would you recommend adding anything to help remove the calcium?

There are no devices to add to the line running to the pool that will reduce calcium in the water? I keep seeing calcium filters online.

Thanks

There are no magic solutions. You need some type of a water softener that removes calcium from the tap water. Check out the link in my signature for the RV water softener. It is less than optimal as it requires manual flushing/ regeneration. For the cost of my unit, you could get a standalone automatic water softener. You would need shelter for the unit, power, a water source for your fill line, and a line to the sewer for the effluent. Unfortunately, the only other option is frequent water replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.