What's your current pool temp?

CB said:
Current water temp. holding very solid. 7 degrees farenheit outside at the moment. :-D Makes me a little envious of your 38 degree water
Why envious, would you swim in 38 degree water? :mrgreen:

For me, once it goes below the mid-60's it might as well be ice cause I ain't swimming in it. Although I did get in once when water temp was in the mid-40's to secure a light fixture that had come loose. Brrrrrrr.........

Stevereno said:
CB said:
Current water temp. holding very solid. 7 degrees farenheit outside at the moment. :-D Makes me a little envious of your 38 degree water
Why envious, would you swim in 38 degree water? :mrgreen:

For me, once it goes below the mid-60's it might as well be ice cause I ain't swimming in it. Although I did get in once when water temp was in the mid-40's to secure a light fixture that had come loose. Brrrrrrr.........

A little envious because it's warmer than 7.Not going for a dip until the water hits at least 70,mid 80's is more like it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Water is 52°F here. Interesting observation I have noticed about my pool water temp since I have been keeping records is that the amount of daylight hours and the sun angle have a larger impact on the water temperature than the ambient air temperature. Current water temp is about where it was in mid-Nov even though DFW November air temps average about 8°F higher than February's. However, mid-February sun angle is a few degrees higher than it is in mid-November and hence the daylight hours are also a bit longer.

The greater effect of sunlight on temperature that you are seeing is probably due to the relatively low evaporation rate, possibly due to the air being fairly humid and calm (no wind) as well as the cooler temperature. About 60% of sunlight's energy gets absorbed by the water in a white plaster pool so heats it up above average day/night air temperatures.

BoDarville said:
Water is 52°F here. Interesting observation I have noticed about my pool water temp since I have been keeping records is that the amount of daylight hours and the sun angle have a larger impact on the water temperature than the ambient air temperature. Current water temp is about where it was in mid-Nov even though DFW November air temps average about 8°F higher than February's. However, mid-February sun angle is a few degrees higher than it is in mid-November and hence the daylight hours are also a bit longer.

I'm up to 54, we are up to 10 h 39 m of daylight up from the low of 9 h 30 m, in the same span the pool is up from 48 deg to 54 deg, even though the temp is low the extra sun makes up for it. Yea!! Small victory, still to cold to swim, but I think by march 15th ??

My pool is somewhere under that pile of snow!

farmgirl--sorry for your many losses. They do tend to put a hole in your heart. I had to put my big guy down last March. A 12 year old Bullmastiff mix. I said NO MORE BIG DOGS! So last July I got a Rottie pup. Why do I not listen to myself instead of talking myself into things?

Water temp is 52 degrees here, and I agree that Sun angle and hours of daylight play a big part. We had the pool remodeled last year, and the mini pebble finish has cured very nicely. SWG has been off for the last ninety days, and my chlorine is still hanging in there. I may not have to add any liquid chlorine before the temp gets back above 62 so the SWG kicks on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.