What's your current pool temp?

Dang colder than normal weather this month...pool temp struggling to get above 64° (was 60° this morning). Usually the water in the mid 70s by now. ?

57 ? The past three nights have been near freezing. I've got the pool covered with a big poly tarp due to grackles dropping :poop: all over our backyard, pool, cars, everything. If it weren't for those stupid birds, I'd be fully open and have the heater going as it's supposed to be getting into the 70's and 80's over the next week or so. Hopefully it will be over by June - I want to swim!!!

Don’t have a thermometer, but’s had my hand in the pool replacing returns, and it started to ache like something I felt in Cape Cod water in April....ccccccoooolllldddd enough to hurt

Opened two weeks ago because I was bored and it was nice out. After getting snow last weekend in still sitting at 56°. Hopefully this promised pattern chance this weekend starts climbing. Haven't added a drop of chlorine yet and still have plenty ugh

Yeah its been cold here too. The water is at 72 only because it was 80 today but prior to today its been 50's and 60's or colder. I've just started testing my water and I'm attempting to make corrections now that the forecast appears to be heading towards 70's more consistently. 2020 isn't cooperative in any form or fashion. :cautious:

Reactions: thefloatqueen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ours is at 86F right now, which the south facing solar can easily maintain even on a fairly cool (mid 60s) and breezy day. Covering it at night helps a lot. It usually only loses 4-6 degrees overnight.

Yeah its been cold here too. The water is at 72 only because it was 80 today but prior to today its been 50's and 60's or colder. I've just started testing my water and I'm attempting to make corrections now that the forecast appears to be heading towards 70's more consistently. 2020 isn't cooperative in any form or fashion. :cautious:
I’m in OH and same exact struggle lol

Reactions: ajup2it
Just walked by my solar pool heater control panel and it says 87, targeting 90. It will probably be around 89 when I'm ready to jump in for some night swimming after work. :p

73. I bought a nice buoyant lounge chair from Sam's last year- if you can stand to get in the pool and manage to get on it- you can enjoy the sun and just about stay out of these frigid temps :)
You just described the life of The Float Queen perfectly! My big lounger floats that I can float on without getting wet are awesome for the lower water temperatures but warm weather and sun! ?

It was 70 Saturday using our autocover most of the time. Boy and dogs have been in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.