What's your current pool temp?

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
Solar heat is super effective this time of year through fall. Most days the temp control bypasses the panels a lot to keep pool to 91 max. Every now and then we get thunderstorms that bring it down to 88 or 89 briefly. I watch it closely since we swim almost every day around 6 pm and wife requires "9 handle" on temp. Once or twice per month I hit the gas heat for an hour if late T-storms drop below 90 late in the day.

carnivalday

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2017
Ocala, FL
Solar heat is super effective this time of year through fall. Most days the temp control bypasses the panels a lot to keep pool to 91 max. Every now and then we get thunderstorms that bring it down to 88 or 89 briefly. I watch it closely since we swim almost every day around 6 pm and wife requires "9 handle" on temp. Once or twice per month I hit the gas heat for an hour if late T-storms drop below 90 late in the day.
Yes! Me too! Im keeping the pool at 90...its perfect! And yes, my swim time is between 6-7 in the evening. Sun is low in the sky, pool is toasty, a bit of long shade on the pool so I can stay out of the sun. Perfection.

Reactions: setsailsoon

FeistyMurph

Apr 23, 2020
Ottawa, ON
On the first official day of summer, our unheated pool was a lovely 30 Celsius ( 86 F for you stateside folks).
Not bad for those of us living up here in the Great "White" North! :cool: