What's your current pool temp?

So jealous of these temps in the 80's! while picking up chlorine at wally world the other day I saw a neat little floating digital thermometer that I HAD to have. However all it has accomplished is to quickly let the rest of my family know that it is no where near ready for them to entertain the thought of getting in the pool, at 67 degrees! LOL. Last week we had a few warm days in a row and the temp actually crested 80. But it's been rainy and mild the last several days and that sends the temp plummeting. Time for a water heating strategy.

So jealous of these temps in the 80's! while picking up chlorine at wally world the other day I saw a neat little floating digital thermometer that I HAD to have. However all it has accomplished is to quickly let the rest of my family know that it is no where near ready for them to entertain the thought of getting in the pool, at 67 degrees! LOL. Last week we had a few warm days in a row and the temp actually crested 80. But it's been rainy and mild the last several days and that sends the temp plummeting. Time for a water heating strategy.

I have that thermometer! I thought it was a "steal" @ $12! =) Yikes, that is a bit chilly! Our hasn't been below 80/79 for at least 3wks, even with all the storms we've had (to cold for our tastes still, bit it bumps up quick in the sun, since it's tiny)

After getting a few days of sun all day and forgetting to turn the solar down the pool was at 95 degrees. :thumbdown: I turned down the solar and of course we got several inches of rain and the pool is back down to 86. About 90 degrees is where I like to keep it.

85-87 for the last few day, now that the rains have moved out. Keep covered at night, so helps to heat up. This is about the max I like it. Will start using the fountains soon at night to help cool overnight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sunny and air temp about 90°. Pool temp is 88°.

In the afternoon we have the spillover from the spa to the pool running. I like to get in the spa and fire up the heat pump and blower for a nice massage. Today, I went to turn on the heat pump and it didn't come on. I checked and saw that for pool mode I had the thermostat set for 88°. I had to adjust the heat pump thermostat up to 90° to get it to heat the water. ;)

88 degrees and just wonderful. Spent about 2.5 hours in it, sunshine the whole time!

My dermatologist would have a cow, but hey, it felt amazing and I used sunscreen!

88 Just
81ca1e1f4e0da21bc5f847df29aece90.jpg
hanging

It was 86 yesterday.

Opened the 2nd weekend in May, was going to open the last weekend in April but it snowed the weekend prior, then it the outside temp got really hot and stayed that way (that's IL for you, we go straight from winter to summer and vice versa). Opened up to clear pool that was about 75, threw on my new and first solar cover, cut it to fit, and cranked on the heater to bring up to 84 and then shut it off (hope not to use the heater again until late Sep or early Oct to extend pool season). It has remained mid to high 80s since then, I now swear by the solar cover.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.