What's Wrong with My Plumbing? - Chlorinator seems to get air trapped...

I would be hesitant running your VS pump at full speed. Personally, I would not go above 3000 rpm.

Not really sure why you would want to run it at that speed for any time during the day. I can see it when you run your spa for use, but for normal operations, a much lower speed is all that is necessary.

I would be hesitant running your VS pump at full speed. Personally, I would not go above 3000 rpm.

Not really sure why you would want to run it at that speed for any time during the day. I can see it when you run your spa for use, but for normal operations, a much lower speed is all that is necessary.
The only reason I was running it at that speed was because the pool builder told me to during pool school, specifically to ensure there was enough chlorine getting into the water. :(

I read the Determine Pump Run Time article, and I'll play around with the settings once I get chemicals balanced and I am in a groove with adding bleach.

To revisit an earlier question...

The check valves on the suction side should keep the suction line from draining. If they are not, then there may be debris in them keeping them from closing all the way.
Is there anything I should know/be concerned with regarding taking the screws out of the check valve to inspect for debris? I've never messed with those (and haven't done much with plumbing).

You should have some lubricant for the gasket. Non teflon silicone lubricant.

If this is a new pool I would tell the pool builder that the check valves are not keeping the water from draining and have them address it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.