What did you do to your pool today?

Had to up the FC with a pretty big dose today. I thought this was 4 weekends in a row we've had the pool full of peeps, and I was wrong. Technically it's been 7 although a couple of those have just been one W.E. day. Man, we are ready for a break and a whole weekend off.

Before I left for work I checked my chemicals and pulled this horrid contraption that I hate to love off of my main drain.
d2808fa31a1616e058db1d2c09d905cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...this past weekend included a little pool basketball with the kids, an intense game of marco polo, grilling out, building a towel hanger, and a few margaritas. Not a bad weekend...I can get used to this.

I like the towel hanger. I need to get something going for towels. Been throwing the PVC towel tree idea around. Probably a winter project. Too much to do this summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Technically yesterday now, I started the journey toward getting my absolute POS Pentair Aqualumin II working. Pool lights have to have their own special breed of engineer, and the nicheless ones have their own special circle of **** awaiting. No one else makes a nicheless light besides Pentair, so that means they are the only ones stupid enough to make one; and its ****! Last year when we bought the place, the light didn't work. I messed with it a little then, and decided I didn't care enough to mess with it more. The pilot screw hole at the top is almost disintegrated, the bar at the bottom is rusted off at one end, and one of the cord holder arms broke off. Oh yeah, the cord is barely long enough to get the light out of the water. I had to wrap weed eater line around the diving board to hold it out of he water. It also had several pin holes in it where sown tabs were welded on the back, right where the gasket seals, and it had a little bit of rusty water in it. So, I patched the holes with water weld, cleaned the light contacts, installed a new bulb, bolted it all together, and installed it in the pool. Flip the breaker on, then the switch, and nothing. The breaker wouldn't test trip, so I moved it and it worked. The switch by the pump was corroded, so I temporarily removed it from the circuit and wire nutted the line. Turned the light back on at the breaker and it worked; finally. I left it on for a couple hours, I saw a couple slow bubbles coming out of the top of the light. I hope that was just a build up of pressure from the heat of the bulb, and water doesn't make its way back in. It started raining tonight, and I left the light on for a while trough it with no problem. I switched the breaker off, but when I tried to switch it back on a few hours later it trips the gfci immediately every time. So, tomorrow I will try to determine if the fault is water in the fixture, water on the wirenuts in the corroded switch box I intend to replace, or possibly water in the conduit somehow, and a damaged wire somewhere. No idea which one to bet on.

Here's pics of it in action.
052aabfa46075389137109696ce3be83.jpg
01533174f9ca0cc51d9b66382173cf3b.jpg

P
Alright, here we go.

FC 9
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 70
CH 410
CYA 70
Borate 50
Salt enough

The only problem is that my water is so clear! How do I fix that??? :testkit:

Drop in a few gallons of milk, more if you prefer. That will fix you right up. :joker:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh brother 240, you've got the light trouble I must say. Sounds bad...

Can you not do anything without a Link? :scratch:

Purchase milk, take home. Carry to pool side, open milk, and pour in pool. Pour in anywhere, and add it as fast as you prefer. Brush pool for quicker distribution (optional).

Does that help? :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support