What did you do to your pool today?

I would love to see a few cool nights around here. Added 60oz bleach. Walked back inside. Waiting till dark to get in the pool.

It's mid-July, and I think there has only been one night that I was too warm to sleep. No air conditioning or fan needed for the past few weeks. Though I saw 90 for Sunday in the forecast., and a low of 68. Maybe my pool will actually get above 80 degrees! (It went to 79 this evening, even though the air temp was only 75 or so. the new sunny location and solar cover are working! (My old, smaller pool didn't even get to 80 more than a day or two, due to shady area and a not too hot summer last year, too.)

I'm a little late posting this since it happened last Friday, but I had a major electrical problem come up. My pool pump wouldn't turn on. I checked everything, and it all seemed ok. Then I noticed the A/C on the same subpanel as the pool wasn't cooling. And my air compressor wouldn't turn on. Nothing that ran on 240v on that panel worked. I checked the voltage coming from the main panel to the subpanel. 240v. Checked the voltage coming into the subpanel. 8v! One line was 118.9v and the other was 88v. Long story short, I have aluminum USE cable running from my main panel to the subpanel that feeds my garage and the pool. The cable contractor that ran my new cable line a couple months ago nicked one of the lines, and the aluminum cable had finally corroded in two. Once I found it I did an underground rated splice and got it all back up and running. Always something fun at my house!
cba4a92a00ce85d46fa4fd5b05a49103.jpg
938184157442494faed2d51b418480c9.jpg
bb2a6a8d5723f0c13ebbddaa45e1b310.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Kim. My throat hurts and I've pretty much lost my voice. It's a bit comical because my hubby is hard of hearing in the first place (from working on airplanes) sooooo communication is difficult with barely a voice. I'm loading up the vitamin C and Popsicles and warm salt water. Maybe I'll feel like getting in the pool later. Good news is I have the forum to entertain me since it doesn't require talking or moving much. [emoji5]️.

[emoji176] Lisa P.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used my Pool Blaster Max to scoop up about 12 centipedes that committed hari kari overnight.

You'd think that they'd crawl to the edge, see their fellow brethren laying rolled up in the warm depths and get the hint it is *not* going to go so well for them....

I keep the cover closed when we are out of town so I opened it back up and turned the SWCG back up to compensate. Swam.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support