What did you do to your pool today?

That is a bright light! How do you get your water so clear?????????? :joker:

Kim

It's only a 300w halogen work light. Looks like the sun fell in the pool. Kinda funny Pentair wants like $50 for that bulb and I bought a 2 pack at lowes for $8. Not sure why anyone would drop the extra money on the other one. The pictures I've seen with the Pentair part number include a regular GE bulb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swam, er, I mean I swept the pool with my new adapter. After hooking it up to the wrong place, and a few other mishaps, I called the hubs over to help, so I wouldn't have to get in and out to hook it up, it went well. Then I said "The heck with dinner!" and floated around a bit when I was done. Still haven't started supper, had to stop by TFP first!

Can you not do anything without a Link? :scratch:

Purchase milk, take home. Carry to pool side, open milk, and pour in pool. Pour in anywhere, and add it as fast as you prefer. Brush pool for quicker distribution (optional).

Does that help? :)

LOL!!! Somebody make this a sticky!!!

I think it would be even better if you let the milk sit out in the sun to get it all clumpy LOL

Kim

And don't forget to include the upgrade! :mrgreen:

Oh, and I swam and ate froot loops outta my pool today! :p

I checked FC and added a gallon of 12%. Level is good, but heavy kid activity (including peeing) each day is sucking it down fast. Griped at wife to keep kids from peeing in pool again (CC shot high while they were in, some complaining about red eyes, and the ammonia test kit from the pet store showed a little). Listened to wife gripe at kids again about peeing in pool. Listened to kids laughing about peeing in pool again. Checked CYA to verify the level having added in a sock in the skimmer over the last few days (all good). Checked DE and backwashed. Threw the soft water hose in the pool to make up from backwash (CH still high, so adding soft water to keep working the CH down). Cleaned the filter on the Dolphin and started it up.

I checked FC and added a gallon of 12%. Level is good, but heavy kid activity (including peeing) each day is sucking it down fast. Griped at wife to keep kids from peeing in pool again (CC shot high while they were in, some complaining about red eyes, and the ammonia test kit from the pet store showed a little). Listened to wife gripe at kids again about peeing in pool. Listened to kids laughing about peeing in pool again. Checked CYA to verify the level having added in a sock in the skimmer over the last few days (all good). Checked DE and backwashed. Threw the soft water hose in the pool to make up from backwash (CH still high, so adding soft water to keep working the CH down). Cleaned the filter on the Dolphin and started it up.

Dang kids! lol

Pulled the light and scrubbed the niche. Left the light out so water could circulate in the niche for a day or 2. Brushed floor and walls. Got the hand brush out and brushed all the corners, nooks and crannies the big brushes miss. Brought my TA and CH up a bit, then topped off evaporation loss ( nothing like getting my TA and CH just where I want them then adding 300 gallons of water to dilute everything). Bought the wife a new float for her to tan on. Swam for a couple hours.

Had another great night of swimming and exercise in the pool. During the event I found a small friend swimming or trying to climb the steps. We had a lot of rain today so I guess the small harmless snake mistook our pool for our pond. Glad my wife missed the swim tonight. It was the first night this week she didn't join me. Somethings work out for the best and thank God for pool nets. :) Another day in paradise!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pulled the light and scrubbed the niche. Left the light out so water could circulate in the niche for a day or 2. Brushed floor and walls. Got the hand brush out and brushed all the corners, nooks and crannies the big brushes miss. Brought my TA and CH up a bit, then topped off evaporation loss ( nothing like getting my TA and CH just where I want them then adding 300 gallons of water to dilute everything). Bought the wife a new float for her to tan on. Swam for a couple hours.

I hear you, but have the opposite issue with CH. I fight my well water TA, and CH all the time.

Tweaking FC and pH levels last night and this morning. Water is 81F and looks inviting. Will get a pool workout in later today. Lawn service cut yesterday so ran Polaris overnight and gave an extra cup of liquid bleach. Finally have a season where CYA is lowering to the minimum range. Have to review what chemicals I still have on hand from my "pool stored" days.:geek:

I am staring at my sparkly clear beautiful water, about to take a morning dip, and feeling quite guilty about it as I am newly a "pool widow" -- hubby just had surgery and has a plater cast and the surgeon, though I asked 80 ways, insists that NO, swamp-hubby CANNOT go into the pool even with 3 garbage bags and duct tape riding a noodle ;)

It was emergency surgery in that the window to reattach the distal bicep to the bone successfully was narrow, or we'd have put if off til winter ;) I am so sad for him!

That said, swim time awaits!

Lol. Its taking a heap of Narco to make him still, let alone sleep ;) He was alert enough to come out and tell me to put clothes on because the lawn guys turned up early...

PA, his arm is also slinged and he's to keep it completely immobile for the first 2 weeks...that's because they had to reattach the tendon to his elbow...so there's the hard cast/splint at the site, then the sling.

i am thinking a well-fit innertube might do the job, but he actually seems inclined to follow the doctors orders for a change ;)

Pain in the butt it may be, but the doc knows what he is talking about. You don't want anything to interfere with the reattachment healing. Its only for a few weeks then he can start rehab! If you have a heater swimming will be good for him at that point.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support