What did you do to your pool today?

Yeah! Keep it below 320ppm! All I need to do is verify PH is still in line after my chemical additions last weekend. And that I have 6 or 8 ppm of FC and I'm good to go.

With a cup of 1,3,7-Trimethylpurine-2,6-dione in hand, checked vitals, dose of bleach to keep up with these super sunny days, a touch of MA to keep up with aeration the waterfall does.
Sat back and medicated looking over crystal clear perfection.

Since my schedule is very busy right now, I added a gallon of bleach a couple days ago and tested today. FC 17. I am keeping it higher since it is monsoon season and I have a large bather load too. CC is .5 I think due to all the rain and wind bringing stuff into the water.

Turned on the cooling feature of my solar controller. Too many days with water at 91. 90 is ok, 91, is HOT. So, it is set to cool my pool to 88. LOL! That sounds hilarious, even to me. Cool my pool to 88! But, that's what is happenin around here!

Oh, and I swam! :paddle:

Turned on the cooling feature of my solar controller. Too many days with water at 91. 90 is ok, 91, is HOT. So, it is set to cool my pool to 88. LOL! That sounds hilarious, even to me. Cool my pool to 88! But, that's what is happenin around here!

Oh, and I swam! :paddle:

Ok, what is this cooling feature. How does that work? Our pool hit 91 the other day too. Of course I'm just on the outskirts of the metroplex so not too far from you.

It runs the water through the solar panels at night when the air is cooler than the water to cool off the water. I checked it about midnight and the panel temp was 78 and the water had dropped from 92 to 90 already. Sweet!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can use a fountain to cool the pool now. Fountains are cheap to buy and even cheaper to make. Search on "fountain to cool pool" and you should pull up several threads on the subject.

I tested PH, CL and CYA, brushed then put on the new solar cover. Wished I would have gotten home early enough to put it on last night, temps went down to a chilly 51 degrees last night! Pool water went to 75.

I scooped out a couple of small leaves with my net and emptied the skimmer. Then checked my SWG and all the lights are green.
After that, I floated around on my raft a while. Im sure I will float around a bit more this evening too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support